Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who's the more pitiful human being?
Me 2 18.18%
Popinjay 9 81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-23-2007, 03:43 PM

Default OOT:Decide the fate of my relationship

My girlfriend and I have been going out just over 11 months...Up until recently, everything has been great. But over the last few days, I've kind of been questioning my desire to continue our relationship...Things just don't feel the same anymore. I don't know if I'm bored or what, but I feel like I want to break up with her. Another thing on my mind is that I'll be going off to college soon, and she's still in HS(I'll only be living about 45 minutes away from her, 20 minutes if she moves into a house her family has been looking at). When I'm in school it's just about guaranteed I'm going to want to date other girls.

The problem is I don't want to hurt her...The ideal situation(for me anyways) would be for us to take a short break so I can just figure everything out. Then if I want to continue our relationship, we can do that. But she really loves me, and I love her too(maybe it's just puppy love or whatever you want to call it but whatever...). My biggest fear is that I tell her I've been thinking about breaking up with her or that I want a break, then I decide I want to get back with her and she's moved on.

It really sucks, I've been thinking about it nonstop the last few days...maybe things are just getting a little stale...But at the same time, I'm only 18, I don't know if I really want to be in a serious relationship at this point in my life.

I don't want to say anything to her or tell her how I am feeling until I'm sure of what I want to do...But I hate feeling like I'm keeping my feelings secret from her.

I don't really know what to do and it's killing me. Any advice is appreciated.

I know, worthless without pics and all that [censored]...I'm off to do the dishes, I'll get a pic up upon my return.