Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2007, 10:40 AM

Default Rules Questions (only answer if you know plz)

Hi there,

I got some questions which i dont know the answers to when playing poker with some friends.

Plz answer only when your absolutely sure!

Question 1:
Player A checks, player B bets $500, player C calls, player D goes all in for $900 and player A calls. What options are available to player B?
<font color="#666666">Also tell me if he is allowed to raise, what is the amount to raise to?</font>

Question 2:
The dealer deals the flop. Player A bets $100, player B is next to act and calls. Player C is next to act and notices the dealer neglected to burn a card. What is the procedure.

Question 3:
The blinds are $1000/$2000. The player on the button raises to $10,000. The small blind folds and the big blind announces 'ALL-IN' the dealer then mucks the hand of the big blind. The button instantly calls and turns over pocket kings. The all-in player has no cards and the cards are not retrievable. What is the ruling?

Hope u guys know.

Thnx in advance
Old 07-19-2007, 10:44 AM

Default Re: Rules Questions (only answer if you know plz)

1 more... sorry:

Question 4:
Player A checks while player B bets $600. Player C goes all in for $1000 and before player D can act on their hand player A announces call. What rules and procedures would you employ to solve the situation?
Old 07-19-2007, 11:06 AM

#1. Player B's options are to fold or call.

#2. The hand proceeds as is, there has been substantial action it is to late to correct the mistake. Some places may burn twice after the flop to get back the "correct turn and river" but I think this is plain silly.

#3. Button wins the amount of the blinds only, the player in the Big Blind gets his call and raise back here.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:10 AM

Psandman,
Are you sure u cant raise on question 1? this a problem i encounter alot.

On #3, note that the dealer isnt the player at the dealerBUTTON. Meaning we play with 9 players and a dealer who does not play. Now what?

Didnt really tell u guys that, im sorry
Old 07-19-2007, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1 more... sorry:

Question 4:
Player A checks while player B bets $600. Player C goes all in for $1000 and before player D can act on their hand player A announces call. What rules and procedures would you employ to solve the situation?

[/ QUOTE ]

Niot sure what you are trying to solve.

If player is repeatedly acting out of turn he should be warned and if he continue sto act out of turn he should be penalized (in tournament -- misses hands from table) in cash game he gets invited to go home and not play anymore.

As to the issue of whether his call is binding different rooms/houses have different rules.

1. Some will make his call binding.
2. Some wilake his call binding unless Player D raises.
3. Some will let him fold if Player D calls.

Personally I think action out of turn should not be binding (unless it causes players to actt behind it).

P
Old 07-19-2007, 11:21 AM

at #1, note that player A checks. This means its post flop. U say there is only an option to call or fold. IMO there is an option to raise, dont really know what the allowed amount to raise to is, but i think he is allowed to raise.
It cant be so that after the flop the action is capped to right?
Or do u mean its capped on the flop and that after the turn the action can start again?
Old 07-19-2007, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you sure u cant raise on question 1? this a problem i encounter alot.

[/ QUOTE ]

In no limit play an all-in raise which is less then a full legal bet does not constitute a raise. If the player were allowed to raise here he would in fact be raising himself.

When there is an all-in for less than a full bet and you want to know if a player can raise Just ask yourself if the player would have been able to raise if the all-in never occurred the answer will be the same.

(Note that there are some places that consider an all-in as full bet if it is at least half the full bet -- this is the common rule for limit play but occasionally you will find it used for NL)

[ QUOTE ]
On #3, note that the dealer isnt the player at the dealerBUTTON. Meaning we play with 9 players and a dealer who does not play. Now what?

[/ QUOTE ]
It Doesn't matter. In either event I assumed the dealers action was a msiatke not intentional conduct.he point is that the hand was mucked before there was any more action.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:45 AM

Psandman, thnx for your time. I appreciate it very much.

at #1: i think u misread it.
Did u notice that 4 ppl in total are in the pot. after the allin there are still 3 ppl with a stack in that pot. It cant be a showdown there, doesnt the action just continue?
IMO he can raise to isolate or for value. The question is what is the amount he can reraise?

At nr3:
This sounds really odd. The BB cant help it that his cards went into the muck since the dealer (whom is not a player) did it and not the player itself. So the dealer makes a mistake and the BB has to pay for it? this cant be right now can it?
Old 07-19-2007, 12:07 PM

I understand #1 and I never said its at showdown. All I said was the player you asked about can not raise. I stand by that. He would be raising himself.

Player B bet $500. No player after him made a full raise. action comes around to Player B. He does not get to raise because NO PLAYER RAISED AFTER HIS BET.

Player A however could have raised, because player A had checked and then Player B raised, so player A gets the opportunity to rerasise Player B's full legal raise.

Player A's minimum reraise would have been to $1400 but some people will rule its $1800 and a few people (who are completely wrong would say $1000)

As to three

Why is it that the BB can't help that his cards went intio the muck. Does he have no hands to hold onto the cards with. Does he have nouth to say haey dealer stop that?

Actually my solution saves the BB who I'm sure will find some players who say he loses all his chips.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but some people will rule its $1800

[/ QUOTE ]

What crazy logic would those people be using- that a raise has to be double the bet that you're facing, regardless of how it got there?

As for the BB solution, I agree with you