Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2007, 07:15 PM

Default 3/6 Kill B&M

I have won two pots in UTG+1 and UTG and am the kill for my BB. I post my $6 and there is one limper and then a raiser in late position, his first hand in (he posted $3 to be dealt in).

I have A3 suited in hearts and decide to call his raise. The other player also calls and it is three handed to the flop.

Flop comes 2h, 5h, Qc.

How do I best build a pot, right here, right now?

My choice was to bet and hope that the PFR raises me so, so I did. The other player calls but the PFR folds (seriously what folds here after raising?88-JJ?) so I didn't accomplish my goal. Based on what the other player showed down at the end he likely would have bet (A5 o/s) and further considering the PFR folding, could I have expected a bet out of him; and would I even want to raise it?

I dunno, I guess I'm just asking what my best course of action is here.

And since Ive gotten this far I may as well finish the hand.
The turn and river both bring blanks (J&7)that don't fill my flush. I bet each time and get called at the end by, as above, A5. Was this a reasonable spot to bet the river with air? I considered the bet a pure bluff and there was about 6 BB in the pot at the river.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:52 PM

Default Re: 3/6 Kill B&M

Donīt build the pot yourself ! This is the Job of Qx. That way, you maybe wonīt have to ask yourself if you can bluff the river.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:54 PM

thebad, we have a tremendous hand (nut flush draw and gutshot straight draw), we want the pot built right now. too bad we are oop and it's not 7-way. i think i would check and hope for a bet and a call so i can checkraise.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:06 PM

Gotta bet the turn. You have the odds, even with 2 opponents.

H/U on the river is another thing. You haven't given us any read on your opponent. Against a calling station, check. Against a "thinking player" you need to bet to win.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:22 AM

Usually what I will do here without thought. The low number of players with the poor position of the preflop raiser (effectively immediately to my right) means that a checkraise will most likely face the third man in with two bets cold, thereby failing my objective. I think that if I had any read on the other player possibly betting that I could use that, but otherwise Im stuck at one bet on the flop. Maybe that would be best though as then my hand is more likely to get significant action when it is completed? Not sure I want to sacrifice that much immediate value though...

Of course theres a big possibility that the PFR wouldn't have C-bet (still wondering what he could have to fold the single flop bet. Any other possibilities than a pp less than Q?)