Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2007, 10:44 AM

Default BR/ Game selection game plan...I think I need some structure

Morning all...I need some direction. I've been playing quite a bit lately with some decent success and built my current roll from $350 to $3900 with some MTT and 180 wins (in the $5 to $20 range)...My problem is that I have no real game plan on what games/stakes/fields I should be playing.

I have been kind of randomly choosing SNGs (18, 27, 180 even 9pp) and doing most of the evening $5-$15 (occasional $25) buy in tournies.

Do you guys/ gals who take this seriously have a system or a plan for what you play in terms of buy in and field size? I would like to work toward improving but feel pretty random now and not sure if I should have a more structured approach...The good news is I've just about phased out short handed cash games (roll would be even hight without them!!!). I do well in live cash games but online I have a bad record so I'm abstaining.

Thoughts?
Old 07-20-2007, 10:53 AM

Default Re: BR/ Game selection game plan...I think I need some structure

Yeah, help me out too. I just started playing MTTs with any degree of seriousness about 3 months ago, built my bankroll from 50 to 2000, looking to know wtf to do with the 2000. I've won a few satellites since then to bigger events and have been playing some cash games with reasonable results, but if this is exclusive tourney poker BR, what to do?

Barry
Old 07-20-2007, 11:06 AM

Default Re: BR/ Game selection game plan...I think I need some structure

Any magic plan that will allow Barry and I to double our money monthly would be greatly appreciated