Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007, 12:32 PM

Default Comments please.Outrageous odds with marginal hand

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed)
Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (28 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (17 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

River: (22 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 calls, MP2 folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 24 BB

I don't normally call with just overcards and a lot of action,but felt priced in.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:43 PM

Default Re: Comments please.Outrageous odds with marginal hand

I see what you're saying but I don't think any price is right here. You need runner runners to even have a slim shot. Only good thing is that you're closing the action on turn/river so you don't risk being in the middle of a raising war. Fold flop.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:46 PM

Raise preflop.

Fold to cap preflop.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:49 PM

I'd consider raising it preflop the first time. You have a good multiway hand with some high cards and a definite multiway pot brewing. A raise could also buy you the button which is a good thing.

As played, I want to fold when it's 3 back to you preflop. There is a pretty good chance your hand is dominated (although not necessarily by MP2 since his overcall 2/cap line has me thinking suited connectors/pocket pair more than a weird way to play AA) so you're probably going to need to hit a flush or straight to win, and it may get expensive to draw, although you will have odds.

It might be weak, but then as played, I want to fold the turn as well. I think SB most likely has an overpair, and depending on how big it is, we may be dead or only have 3 outs if BB has us dominated with AK. I guess a call is ok getting 21:1, but if I do improve, I'm looking for overcalls and don't play on raising.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise preflop.

Fold to cap preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-17-2007, 02:08 PM

*grunch*

Raise the limpers the first time around, you ahve a decent TP hand and a strong multipot hand. Get that money in.

Even though you have two overcards on the flop you have no BD draws here, I usually fold here unless i have AQ or AK. I want "something" else here besides overcards.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise preflop.

Fold to cap preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold to the flop cap when we are probably going to be getting about 12 or 13 to 1 to call (after our pf raise) ?

There was quite a lot of discussion yesterday about not folding an unsuited one gapper getting immediate odds to call of 11 to 1.

Here our hand is suited and both of our possible straights could not be beaten by a higer straight, so a cap call looks correct to me.

I would not carry on beyond this flop though, when we missed our possible flush or straight draws.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:17 PM

Raise preflop the first time around. As played, fold to the limp-cap from MP2. If you'd raised, prolly call a cap, but be careful postflop.

Given the size of the pot and the frequency with which this sort of situation comes up, you can't really be making a huge mistake playing your hand the way you did postflop.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here our hand is suited

[/ QUOTE ]
It doesn't really matter cause we can't get a flush anyway.

[ QUOTE ]

both of our possible straights could not be beaten by a higer straight, so a cap call looks correct to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
How many outs are we counting?
Old 07-17-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here our hand is suited

[/ QUOTE ]
It doesn't really matter cause we can't get a flush anyway.

[ QUOTE ]

both of our possible straights could not be beaten by a higer straight, so a cap call looks correct to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
How many outs are we counting?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was talking about the possibility of hitting a good flop if we called a preflop cap for 2 bets.

I was not discussing postflop.