Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 11:35 PM

Default I start my session passive

Very first hand, but this spot is not too uncommon.

Villian unknown, comments on all streets

PokerStars 10/20 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

If he bets the turn, that means I have like zero fold equity with a c/r right?

Anyway, I usually c/c, c/f ui if he keeps betting, probably standard.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:43 PM

Default Re: I start my session passive

I think I take the same line. Is a flop c/r here that bad? Villain's going to miss this flop a lot and I'm thinking that you may get a fold out of him on the turn often when he just calls your c/r.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:47 PM

hmm yeah, i forgot about that... seems like a pretty good flop to c/r actually

on second thought, I try to avoid c/r'ing paired boards when I want my opponent to fold...
Old 07-17-2007, 03:00 AM

I c/r the flop a lot here. I would do it even more against a steal raise.

Against a good LAG/TAG you have no FE if he bets the turn so dont as the average 10/20 player at stars is good(?)
Old 07-17-2007, 09:28 AM

I checkfold the flop here, basically never checkraise. Not really a steal since he's in the hijack; he's not folding a pair and may showdown AQ here. I just give up.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:34 AM

You have like 9 split outs vs AQ en 3 more on the turn. You have 4.5 outs to the win. Even more outs vs a small pocket pair. Chances are you have the best hand. Check/folding seems really weak.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:43 AM

I don't c/r Ax on paired boards because for the most part the only hands that are folding are hands that I beat already. I'd rather c/r when I have a chance of folding out better hands than mine
Old 07-17-2007, 10:18 AM

this board Kxx is totally different than KKx I think that should be noted. Kxx is a profitable bluff vs a steal with almost ATC i think as long as the opponent isnt a tardo or totally showdown bound (in this situation its better than with a fd, and its even better when theyre arent gutshots villain could think ur semi-bluffing). Lots of hands we might beat will just fold now, underpairs better As ect.

I like a cr, esp with a weaker hand and prefer a ck call to a ck fold for sure, we re getting 5:1 with sometimes the best hand and he ll just give up on the turn and when he has a PP we often have 6-9 outs plus the bdfd and get freecards a lot on this board. I just fold to the second barrel typically, cant here with the bdfd but I dont think much of his range that bets the turn folds to a cr, maybe if u know he ll 2 barrel PPs it could be good on this board but lots of people seem to ck behind and call with those for some reason? I could be wrong, a turn cr doesnt seem out of the question at all, u dont have to fold a better hand all that often and I think if ur called on the turn here u dont need to follow up on the river cuz he ll almost always be showing down and if he has a worse fd somehow he ll check it behind enough where its not worth betting (to not be bluffed) or ck calling.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:46 AM

wow I hate a flop c/r. you have to fire the turn like 99% of the time to get a better hand to fold.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You have like 9 split outs vs AQ en 3 more on the turn. You have 4.5 outs to the win. Even more outs vs a small pocket pair. Chances are you have the best hand. Check/folding seems really weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Chances are the best hand" isn't even close to true. What are we ahead of? Yeah QJ or A7s he may have opened, but so what? If you're checkcalling down hoping to split with another ace when the board pairs that seems like a bad plan as you'll be forced to showdown but you're usually getting taken to valuetown. It's a very different hand if he was a button opener.

Checkcalling to checkfold to a second barrel seems pretty bad as he'll fire again almost always since it's a gutshot heavy board.

Without using stove checkcalling to showdown doesn't seem great either, for reasons I said before. You're behind his range and only hitting an ace will make you happy; if you hit a seven or an king or the board comes low blanks you are committing yourself to calling down but I think it's a losing play.