Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 04:49 PM

Default razz: Call on 4th?

Should I fold this on 4th since 3rd was unraised?

Razz ($0.25/$0.50), Ante $0.05, Bring-In $0.10 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.40 SB)

Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in
Seat 5: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

4th Street - (3.00 SB)

Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 4: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (3.00 BB)

Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (5.00 BB)

Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

River - (7.00 BB)

Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___bets

Total pot: (9.00 BB - $4.50)
Old 07-15-2007, 08:32 AM

Default Re: razz: Call on 4th?

I don't think 4th should be folded. I'd be interested to hear from someone more expert than me though.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Should I fold this on 4th since 3rd was unraised?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Your going to be playing in a 3-way pot for sure and you cant catch the cards you need because they are dead.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:31 AM

i'd probably fold 4th, but i'd complete 3rd.

as played, fold river.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:07 PM

Complete 3rd, as played fold 4th.

Fold river.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:24 PM

the pot is .45 when its folded to you. calling the bring in is laying 5.5:1 to the duce or the 6 and infinite odds to the bring in if its folded back to him. If you complete you are laying 2.8:1 to the duce or the 6 and 70:15 (4.66:1) to the bring in if its folded back to him. if you were the last low card remaining then limping in would be fine as a mix-it-up play since a completion is laying the right odds for the bringin to peel a card, but with the two low cards left to act you must complete. Remember the positive, your also setting yourself up for situations in the future where stealing the antes will be easier if you go to showdown with two low down cards in your hand.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:45 AM

Is it worse to draw against two people? The pot odds are better, but isn't it a lot harder to outdraw two eight draws than just one?
Old 07-17-2007, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think 4th should be folded. I'd be interested to hear from someone more expert than me though.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're up against two four-card eights you're way behind and they should jam you out anyway.

Plus you have some playing disadvantages with your 9 up, and the pot is really small.

If the pot were larger you'd probably make a crying call if you had reason to hope the 8 behind you had paired.

IMO.