Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 05:32 AM

Default KK Multiway

Party Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (18.00 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP2 folds, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (15.00 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (23.00 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 27.00 BB.

Just limped here because I expected a raise from the UTG+1
On the flop I call because I would gain more on the turn with a check raise making everyone calls the second bet
Comment the rest tnx! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 07-16-2007, 05:37 AM

Default Re: KK Multiway

Open limping here is fine. You could consider raising pre-flop to narrow the field slightly also. Cap the flop. As played, fold the turn.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:51 AM

Why is open limping here fine? We got no reads other than "expecting" a raise from UTG+1. Why do we expect that?

I say play more straight forward. Cap flop, lead turn. People are calling anyway so there's no need to be tricky in the micros.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:52 AM

Ok, seriously, besides not raising preflop, you played the hand alright. The turn check raise when the blank fell is good. Your betting the river for value.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is open limping here fine? We got no reads other than "expecting" a raise from UTG+1. Why do we expect that?

I say play more straight forward. Cap flop, lead turn. People are calling anyway so there's no need to be tricky in the micros.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. I havent posted for a while. I like cap the flop, lead the turn on second thoughts.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:06 AM

there is flush and straight draws on board, this isn't the time to wait to the turn to protect my hand? I really can't protect my hand on the flop

The UTG+1 is semiloose agressive, thats why I didn't care what he has

the rest was loose and passives
Old 07-16-2007, 07:17 AM

Preflop: I'd have to either be rather darn sure that there is going to be a PFR or that I'm likely to steal the blinds before I limp KK.

Flop/Turn: This looks like one of those spots where you should just call and raise a save turn. Pot is so huge that you cannot protect your hand. As played I'd cap the flop and lead the turn. It's rather bad if UTG checks the turn because he is on a draw. It seems to me that you have an idea of how UTG plays and you should have included that in your post.

River: good
Old 07-16-2007, 07:28 AM

In general preflop here is terrible. You only want to limp if the table is insanely tight (which probably is not the case at 0.25/0.50), otherwise you can't make up for the value postflop that you lost by not raising preflop.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop/Turn: This looks like one of those spots where you should just call and raise a save turn. Pot is so huge that you cannot protect your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually there's no way to protect a hand in this pot. All you really can do is to extract as much as possible while the rest is still drawing...and pray.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Flop/Turn: This looks like one of those spots where you should just call and raise a save turn. Pot is so huge that you cannot protect your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually there's no way to protect a hand in this pot. All you really can do is to extract as much as possible while the rest is still drawing...and pray.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see why you say that. Even if everybody comes along on the flop a turn raise will only be giving opponents 18:2 to call so gutshots should fold. One pair hands may also fold even though they are getting around the right odds because they can't be sure that they are drawing live verse our apparent strength and/or that the turn won't get reraised and capped.