Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2007, 03:32 PM

Default should I fold fifth

7 Card Stud High-Low ($3/$6), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $1 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.17 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 4: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (6.17 SB)

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 7: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (5.58 BB)

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___?
Seat 4: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Old 07-19-2007, 04:10 PM

Default Re: should I fold fifth

I would. All you have is split A's in a multiway pot against a raise. Dump that dog & move on.

I prolly woulda popped it again on 4th to see if I could thin the herd.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:35 PM

I would probably check and call one bet on fifth. Since you bet and got raised, I'd call that one bet.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:43 PM

I would check/fold on fifth usually. As played, I would check/call expecting to fold on sixth pending the board of seat 4 and whether or not you made 2 pair or better. Seat 4 looks to have a strong potential hand with a flush draw/straight draw and low draw out there. Play cautiously on 6th, fold if you don't improve and call only if you get 2 pair or better and seat 4's sixth card doesn't look too threatening. Also be wary of seat 7. He could of called with x78 and could be looking at an open ended draw.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:29 AM

5th is a check-fold for me. Your low hand is dead in the water and I don't like my pair of Aces so much anymore. Seat 4's board alone is strong enough to make me get rid of it, but you've also got Seat 7 with a pretty coordinated board who called a double bet.

I dare say it's even a fold when comes back around after having led out despite the pot size.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:56 AM

Seat Seven is brain dead. Raise Fourth. I don't see the point in the bet on Five. You made it possible for seat Four to protect a rough low and wreck any equity you have in the pot.

As played, you have to fold to the raise.