Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2007, 09:29 AM

Default QQ - I always find myself in situations like this

NL25, 5 handed.

The BTN raiser is LAG and raises lots pf, pretty sure he will fold to my 3 bet. Villian is a compete station 70/5/1.25, but is capable of betting a wide range of hands when checked to by pf raiser. Although his AF is low, this is partly to do with his high vpip.

UTG folds, Villian limps, BTN raises to $0.75, SB folds, Hero (Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) raises to $2.5, Villian calls, BTN folds.

Flop 2 players, $6.37: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero checks, villian checks

My problem with cbetting here is that he will call with the following: any ace, any king, flush draw, straight draw, medium pp. So my cbet can be called by either a hand that beats me or one that doesn't. Also, say he has like pocket 8s, he may well call the flop and bet the river if I check the turn.

Turn 2 players, $6.37: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villian bets $1, Hero calls

River 2 players, $8.37 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero checks, Villian bets $2, Hero calls

On the turn and river he could be betting any pair going, both ones that beat me and ones that dont. I'm really not sure how to play against a player like this in this situation, and I think it is a leak. I hate calling, but I also hate folding because it allows villian to by a large pot cheaply with some hands that I beat. On the turn he only has to fold me out like 1 time in 7 to show a small profit, leaving him (or other players who are watching carefully) oppertunties to bluff me for cheap in the future. I really think players should be forced to risk a large number of chips if they want to bluff me off a hand.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:48 AM

Default Re: QQ - I always find myself in situations like this

I dont mind your line, though I might bet the flop and if he calls try and get to SD cheaply. I wouldn't fold the river as played.

EDIT: I assume that you messed up the action on the turn and you c/c'ed.