Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2007, 11:22 AM

Default 200NL, tens get squeezed with a fish in the middle

SB is a nice 70/20 fish or so, BB seems like yet another random LAGTAG, running at 27/23 over 85 hands so far. I'm assuming he's aware SB is a fish, so I doubt he's raising very light - SB is calling any reraise. I don't know him well enough to think he'd reraise to isolate. I've been pretty quiet on this table.

Since I'm pretty much going to hate my spot on nearly any flop - is it terrible to fold here?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $130.45
BB: $377.80
UTG: $211.05
Hero (BTN): $208.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 Players)
UTG calls $2.00, <font color="red">Hero raises to $10.00</font>, SB calls $9.00, <font color="red">BB raises to $34.00</font>
Old 07-14-2007, 11:27 AM

Default Re: 200NL, tens get squeezed with a fish in the middle

I think a fold is fine. It's possible this is just a squeeze, but like you said, you will hate a lot of flops regardless.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:29 AM

I usually just make a note that he squeezed me (x1) and fold here. If the squeeze count gets unusually high like 3x-4x within 100ish hands for example, then I'd for sure start looking him up lighter.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:35 AM

I usually call here and stack off semi-light. This looks like a squeeze so hard especially since you're raising from the button. Folding TT here is giving up too much at 1/2nl.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:42 AM

hm well...
you get 2.3:1 without the SB behind you
if you think heŽd almost never raise and call most of the time u get 3.3:1
when u call u got like 174 left, SB has 96 left and BB has u covered.
suppose u have to fold if u dont improve, so u make your set one in about 7,5 times.
so u should make about 180 bucks... to break even otlr.
i.e. double up.
if u stack the BB or double up (which might be possible and probable, because the pot will be only half your stack and he will fire a continuation bet quite frequently...)
also the SB might pay you off.
i think its a close decision, because the chances, the BB is makin a restealsqueeze is quite high. its 4 handed... so he could be squeezing with 2 higher cards than yours...
and u might have crushed the SB so with odds of 3.3 id definately call... so it partly depends of the SB... will he overcall? might he raise or does he even fold sometimes there?

i dont think its terrible to fold.
but i think gambling with a PP in a 3way pot aint that bad either?
any comments?
Old 07-14-2007, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually call here and stack off semi-light. This looks like a squeeze so hard especially since you're raising from the button. Folding TT here is giving up too much at 1/2nl.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also think this is fine for some players, but I think it comes down to OP. In his original post he said he is going to hate his spot on almost every flop, which means he's more likely to make a mistake.

A valuable principle that took me a long time to learn is to play in spots that I am comfortable with and avoid situations where I am going to have difficult decisions. This situation is one of those spots that you don't lose too much by folding early, but may lose a lot by calling (or just win a little).

I could see myself getting a lot of heat for posting this, and I know that it may not be the most +EV play for some players who are very good at playing IP.