Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2007, 06:32 PM

Default Micro NL 6-max Session Reviews

Fellow 2p2ers! Not long ago I heard about something called Session Reviews being held here on 2p2. It's basically players pairing up to review eachothers sessions. During a period of two weeks hand histories are exchanged for evaluation. After reviewing, players meet up on AIM to discuss hands that were interesting. The benefit of doing session reviews as suppose to reviewing single hands is that the reviewer gets a feel of the table and it's players. It's much easier to put yourself in the shoes of the person playing the hand when reviewing the whole session.

I contacted both AussieBattler and threads13 to learn more. They have been organizing Session Reviews in the past and knows a lot about it. Session Reviews have regrettably been confined to the Small Stakes Micro section and the Full Ring NL section. When I told threads13 what type of games I was playing he suggested that I post in this forum to see if there is any interest for NL SH Session reviews(I suspect there will be [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]). For now, this thread will serve to determine whether there actually is an interest. I might also add that while Im more than willing to do what I can to contribute to the community and to make people aware of this great learning tool, Im not prepared to run this myself. For the Session Reviewing to be effective, people have to be matched properly.

Anyways, If you think this is something for you, say so and dont be shy. Should there be a big interest, I'm sure that the details surrounding this project will work themselves out [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Also, be sure to read AussieBattler's Session Review FAQ for MicroLimit Full Ring and all the linkys:

FAQ

/LB
Old 06-22-2007, 06:34 PM

Default Re: Micro NL 6-max Session Reviews

We had these in the past when uNL didn't exist and the microballers where posting in SSNL

I don't remember it as being very popular nor beneficial actually.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We had these in the past when uNL didn't exist and the microballers where posting in SSNL

I don't remember it as being very popular nor beneficial actually.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really, not very popular? I cant talk out of experience since Ive never tried it but from what Ive read so far I dont see any downside to it.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:40 PM

Well if you are willing to do the work of drawing lots and arranging it, I'm sure EMc or Matrix will sticky it etc [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-22-2007, 06:48 PM

I think this is a pretty cool idea, although it would need quite a committment from both parties to be worthwhile.

Im not playing for the next week but I'm up for reviewing someone if they want to send me their session, and I'll send mine when I start playing again.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:01 PM

I'd be happy to review a 100-150 hand session of nl25 or nl50. I'm not playing right now so I can't send a session of mine. PM if interested.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:50 AM

bump
Old 06-23-2007, 04:20 AM

I've done this a few times in the micro limit section, and it was really helpful. Obviously both parties need to commit some time to it, but it is able to plug a lot of leaks in your game. The micro section also had a system with two levels, so session review veterans and rookies were separated.

I think your best bet is to just start it, make an announcement, PM a mod so it can be stickied and let people sign up (including the level they play).
Old 06-23-2007, 04:27 AM

ive never done anything like this but im down to try it out ....
Old 06-23-2007, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've done this a few times in the micro limit section, and it was really helpful. Obviously both parties need to commit some time to it, but it is able to plug a lot of leaks in your game. The micro section also had a system with two levels, so session review veterans and rookies were separated.

I think your best bet is to just start it, make an announcement, PM a mod so it can be stickied and let people sign up (including the level they play).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I might do that after all.