Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2007, 08:20 AM

Default How would you maximize w/AA HU in passive games

Taj 10 hand with the daytime regulars. Villian is new to me but knows some of the regulars and same (semi/retired)age group so all I can do is make a typical passive assumptions at this point.

PF: Hijack open-limps, Hero raises AA on button, SB 3-bets, BB folds, limper folds, Hero calls.

Flop: TTX rainbow. What's your plan for the hand

Villians range here for those that don't know the game. AKo+, TT+. Considering my hand and the board we will have to weigh JJ-KK more heavily on the flop.

My default play prior to seeing the flop in these situations is to raise most flops and call a 3-bet then often wait till the river to pop it again (I've lost too many players to a turn raise). Obviously If I'm up against a more aggessive player I'm going to be able to get more action.

Does the paired TT board change anything for my default line (my concern here is if he does hold AK he may dump to a flop raise). Does anyone think my default line is too passive and I'm leaving money on the table.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:08 AM

Default Re: How would you maximize w/AA HU in passive games

Line 1: raise, 4-bet, and keep betting
Line 2: call flop, call turn, raise river

I'd take line 1 if you think he's pretty strong (KK, QQ) but take line 2 if you think he's weak and is drawing close to dead (AK, AQ) or if he might have a T somehow.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:03 AM

Push your equity edge at all times. Joker's line 1 is absolutely right; you must cap preflop and lead, lead, lead. As played, I'd still raise the flop, because you might get four bets in against JJ and a turn raise scares these people more, so a weak hand may call down thinking you have AK if you raise the flop.

I'd only use line 2 if you really think he's weak, or are sure he'll pay off a river raise.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Line 1: raise, 4-bet, and keep betting
Line 2: call flop, call turn, raise river

I'd take line 1 if you think he's pretty strong (KK, QQ) but take line 2 if you think he's weak and is drawing close to dead (AK, AQ) or if he might have a T somehow.

[/ QUOTE ]

I lean towards line 2 against an unknown since we don't know if he's the type to go to war pf or flop. Either one is ok, anyway.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PF: Hijack open-limps, Hero raises AA on button, SB 3-bets, BB folds, limper folds, Hero calls.

[/ QUOTE ]
Start with capping a default?!?!
Old 07-14-2007, 01:08 PM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

The way you beat passive games isn't stressing about how to absolutely maximize with AA, it's by betting and raising a lot , taking free cards, and punshing people for being too passive.

In this hand just keep betting and raising until you think you might not be good, then call down.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:51 PM

I raise the flop and hope he puts me on a weaker PP, then 3 bombs and I get to call and raise the turn. I like your smooth call pf and I often do it w/AA HU b/c the 1 sb of equity is almost always gained back and then some postflop.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:13 PM

Given that we have AA it is less likely he holds AK or AQ. Therefore, I would raise and reraise from the start figuring him for a big pocket pair. If he has nothing he will just fold on the turn(assuming you waited to raise) but might give you action on the flop.

The smoothcall preflop is fine
Old 07-15-2007, 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Push your equity edge at all times. Joker's line 1 is absolutely right; you must cap preflop and lead, lead, lead. As played, I'd still raise the flop, because you might get four bets in against JJ

[/ QUOTE ]

why not call the flop 3 bet and then raise the turn? Too obv?
Old 07-15-2007, 08:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

why not call the flop 3 bet and then raise the turn? Too obv?

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO yes, though maybe it's different on the West Coast...here at AC and Foxwoods, turn raises petrify weak players, whereas you can go 4 on the flop and get called down on turn and river if it's "just one big bet" to them..