Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 05:16 AM

Default 99 3/6 on Stars, all ragged but some action

One of my first hands at this table, so no reads.

PokerStars 3.00/6.00 Limit Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(9 handed)</font> HandRecorder v0.9b

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#FF0000">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (12.33 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">SB bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, <font color="#FF0000">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (10.67 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">SB bets</font>, Hero folds, MP3 calls.

River: (12.67 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, MP3 checks\.

Final Pot: 12.67 BB.

I feel, I played this hand terrible. But what should be my line here?

Given a 3bet from SB pf and on the flop I gave him a very thin range pf, perhaps AK,TT+ and after the 3bet on the flop only TT+. I would have crying called down the hand if it were headsup (given the size of the pot), 3way I decided to give up.

But I don't like my line. I should have either folded the 3bet on the flop or capped the flop or call-flop+raise/fold for free showdown the turn.

However, I wonder what you are thinking about?
Old 07-11-2007, 06:36 AM

Default Re: 99 3/6 on Stars, all ragged but some action

I think it's ok.

I know there are some 3/6 regulars on stars who will cap AK UI on the flop, just to fire a 2nd bullet on the turn... these are solid, regular players who will keep raising until shown severe resistance. However, in this case there's a cold caller on the flop, it's not HU, and he's still 3 betting. I don't think it's worth it to continue. If you do, you should raise the turn. Since that's a "monster" line, if he 3 bets, you can fold easily.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:46 AM

Your flop line is okay. If he turned over KK you're still getting damn near odds to call the flop 3bet.

I look him up, but I'm a monster showdown monkey, especially online.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:54 AM

I play it the same. SB is showing a lot of strength with the 3-bet against 2 people on the flop. Assuming SB is not very aggresive, you are probably behind and going to showdown costs you too much.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:34 AM

Thanks for the quick answers,
perhaps I got a bit result oriented as SB really turned AK in the showdown. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 07-11-2007, 08:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I look him up, but I'm a monster showdown monkey, especially online.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't look him up by calling, if you do, raise the turn.

Yeah, like I said, AK was still possible... don't tell me this was 'edwin' or something?

(I don't think this was me... nah, I'd remember [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] )