Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2007, 05:45 AM

Default NL50 - Weak donk lead

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $50.00
BB: $49.15
UTG: $53.85
MP: $4.90
CO: $112.95
Hero (BTN): $67.00

Reads: <font color="blue">I'd popped his limps a few times and taken pots down with c-bets. He was limping a lot and appeared to be pretty weak post-flop.</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.50, MP folds, CO calls $0.50, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.00</font>, 3 folds, CO calls $2.50

Flop: ($7.25) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $6.00</font>, CO calls $6.00

Turn: ($19.25) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets $2.50</font>

Pot Size: $21.75

My issue with this spot is that I'm not sure he folds to a raise often enough because I'd forced him to lay down hands several times by now, but calling seems inherently weak to me.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:52 AM

Default Re: NL50 - Weak donk lead

I think you could call and then bluff the river (non spade) when you miss because I think a flush draw is likely here, but then again he could have A5/4/3/2 and may well call the river, if you don't raise the turn.

If I call and bluff river, I would only bet 1/3 pot to fold out high cards.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:53 AM

I shall call and see the river what it brings.. you've got the odds for it but I guess it's not the best draw to make a reraise here.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:55 AM

raise pot if he's not a station/showdown monkey/you dont think he's getting tired of giving up pots to you ... else call
Old 07-07-2007, 10:23 AM

He might have set and be slow playing it hoping for a raise I think call and try and catch, a raise might have to be sizeable to shift him, which may fail or worse he might rr. You mentioned he was weak pf he might be weak/passive and might be holding something strong and scared of losing you. You have position call hopefully catch and re-evaluate if you miss river.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:39 AM

I hate these spots, I raise there very frequently but some people take this line and call the raise ):

I like to have observe the play for a little while before making such plays to be sure that teh villain is b/f and not b/c
Old 07-07-2007, 11:11 AM

I would only call the turn and see what the river brings. It might be that he is just making a stand against you on this hand, but you don't have nothing. I would wait a better spot to bust him. I think that turn bet smells like a trap.