Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2007, 10:20 AM

Default 25nl Villain limp/raises from the BUTTON. I hold JJ

Ultimate Bet - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

Hero (SB): $25.00
BB: $37.08
UTG: $41.30
CO: $43.36
BTN: $27.34

Reads: <font color="blue">I have villain at 76/11/0.9 after only 55 hands but it is obvious that he is an awful player. His limp/raise from the button is just horrid and I have absolutely no idea what he can be doing this with.</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, BTN calls $0.25, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.50</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $1.25, CO folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $2.75</font>, Hero calls $1.25, UTG calls $1.25

Flop: ($8.75) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
hero?

Advice on pre-flop appreciated. Perhaps I am over playing JJ a little too much and it would be best to see this flop multi-way and look to hit a flop with all cards T and below or a set. Is it a little silly to try and take the lead with JJ such a heavily limped pot when we are OOP? I can't assume that everyone is going to fold right?

Anyway, after he 3-bet's me after limping behind on the button, I get confused and decide to just call and see what happens.

What action do you think is best and what probable hand can we put villain on depending on possible actions that we or villain may take?

Thanks everyone.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:44 AM

Default Re: 25nl Villain limp/raises from the BUTTON. I hold JJ

Preflop raise in this spot is mandatory with 99+. I don' mind making it slightly more here, maybe 1.75.

No clue on wtf this guy is doing lol.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No clue on wtf this guy is doing lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah... perhaps this is an out lier and does not count for much but it is still interesting for discussion.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:20 PM

Lead at this flop and fold to resistance. If you check here, villain is surely going to fire and calling the min-reraise PF was pointless.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:03 PM

I would repop this tard pf and get it in on most flops.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:10 PM

I raise 88+ here to 1.75 or 2.00. Ideally you just want to take it down pf or get heads up. People generally give a decent amount of respect to big bets coming out of the blinds so when you get a lot of action you need to start getting a little nitty.

In this case, who knows what this guy has. If he has aces or kings then he is just a moron. Instead of calling the minraise and firing out I probably 4bet pot which shows even more strength for the same price. If he calls then you know he is just a baddie with good cards and you are probably beat so you can shut down.