Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2007, 04:19 PM

Default Next fund?

Im currently completely invested in VHGEX, which is a world stock from vanguard.

37% us, 59% int, 4% other
MS xray puts it at 41 L Value, 14 L Core, 22 L Growth
the rest is in mid cap

im just out of college, and can tolerate risk

Im looking for the next fund. from what i can tell i need some small cap funds thats both foreign and domestic. I don't like keeping track of too many funds, and vanguard doesn't seem to have one that fits this profile, so can anyone recommend a small cap world stock fund for me? or if they have any other suggestions on what i should buy, it would be appreciated.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:53 PM

Default Re: Next fund?

nice thread, I'm sort of in the same boat as I currently only have VTSMX in vanguard with is the total us market. , and I own a bunch of the ishares MSCI EAFE ETF shares. total allocation in taxable accounts right now is about 50/50 but all of the new money as it sits now is going into VTSMX.

my retirement account is about 70% us/30% global in four different higher cost fidelity funds that I can't do much about.

but overall it's like 100% stocks, no bonds or real estate. I have no need for any of this money before retirement which is in 30ish years (hopefully sooner). I don't really understand how much of a problem this is, or what I should do about it.

how much value do you think you get from the vanguard admiral shares (starting at 100k for most funds it seems)? the costs drop by about 1/2 it looks like for most of them, and that's obv more difficult to get to the more funds you have.