Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 02:32 AM

Default QQ hits hard betting, it looks terrifying.

Only played 6 hands with villain

$0.1/$0.25 No Limit Holdem
5 players
Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
UTG (<font color="#0000cc">$16.05</font>)
Hero (<font color="#0000cc">$50.85</font>)
BTN (<font color="#0000cc">$43.20</font>)
SB (<font color="#0000cc">$24.40</font>)
BB (<font color="#0000cc">$35.35</font>)

Pre-flop: ($0.35, 5 players) Hero is CO Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#777777">1 fold</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#777777">1 fold</font>, SB calls $0.9, BB calls $0.75

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($3, 3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2.25</font>, <font color="#777777">SB folds</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $4.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $12.25</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $20</font>

So now it looks like at least an overpair but JJ is the only one I beat, and more likely a 2-pair or set or maybe some combo draw that has equity up on me, but maybe it's still a push? (I definitely can't call here, right?)

Was there a way to get out of this hand without putting so much into it? Or was getting out a bad idea? He definitely seems unafraid of any hand and doesn't look like he's trying to get me to fold either.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:38 AM

Default Re: QQ hits hard betting, it looks terrifying.

No way your overpair is good here.

I hate being min c/r'ed, but i try to just call them without a monster. If the turn blanks and he checks, you can bet safely as people very rarely c/r twice. If he bets again, i would strongly consider a fold.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:47 AM

Can't see v having KK/AA here since most would 3 bet preflop with those hands. With that betting I'm putting villian on a flush draw - so I'm shoving these spots.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can't see v having KK/AA here since most would 3 bet preflop with those hands. With that betting I'm putting villian on a flush draw - so I'm shoving these spots.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think he's 4-betting his flush draw? With small increments that seem like they want a call? What villains are you playing?
Old 11-09-2007, 02:50 AM

That seems more expensive and less informative on some level.

Plenty of people check-minraise and then fire again as a bluff. And if I get the info via being check-raised on the turn then I put in more money that I do with this line. So it seems like calling the min-raise either has me folding less confidently or more expensively depending on whether or not I see another barrel.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:40 AM

3bet flop seems really bad. I call his 2bet and fold to more agression on turn.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:53 AM

You have the bonus of being in position so calling flop is best, see what he does on turn.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You have the bonus of being in position so calling flop is best, see what he does on turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but like I said, either he fires again and I have to fold with less confidence (as I've seen and made the "minraise flop, bet turn bluff"), or bet when I'm checked to and end up paying more money for information than I did with my line. All this while letting a potential scare card peel off.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:22 AM

The check minraise bluff is used so rarely I'd just assume it's always a made hand unless same person is doing it over and over. Here though it doesn't really mean you are behind, this could very well be AT or something, if the small card pairs you took lead over two pair. Bunch of turns will give you a straight draw and slow him down in theory, but prob not. A flush card could lead to him trying to showdown cheap. I mean he's most likely betting the turn for a good amount and you should prob fold but at least find out.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:34 AM

Tooo much money in the pot, so pushing all in on the end and praying it the only thing to do.

I don't think you are below 50-50 equity wise vs his RANGE on this flop, so it looks fine.