Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 01:58 PM

Default OT: Humble Apologies to Trout players... here\'s my \'fish story\'...

My humble apologies for NO Trout Games last night!! (My version of 'The Dog Ate My Homework'... aka - I had a Brain F-up & forgot!)

My 'Fish Tale' (and I'm stickin' to it!..)
Living by the sea sometimes this mermaid just needs to jump in and swim free ~ as that's where I get transformed from my human appearance. So yesterday, Independence Day - July 4th, it was a humid, partly sunny day, perfect for splashing in the waves. Once in the waves all my thoughts turned to finding some seaworthy treasures (when I should have been thinking about getting back in time to post the Trout games!) Anyway... diving deep into the clear, cool ocean I got busy picking up lots of beautiful shells when suddenly I felt something falling lightly all around me... a huge crab net! The more I struggled to get free, the tighter my tail got wound up and around in the net. Minutes later against all this mermaid's efforts, the net was quickly reeled in and I found myself dangling high above the deck from the ship's crane. The sailors couldn't believe their eyes as they gently lowered the net onto the deck. I begged them to set me free but they were pretty amused to have snagged a real mermaid so they promptly deposited me into the reserve glass tank and locked the lid. I now know how poor goldfish feel! Apparently there are big bounties for catching one of my kind and the ship's captain wanted to cash in. The ship sailed into a port all the way down in Key West and some calls were made - unfortunately being a holiday - no contact was made. I lured the captain over to my tank and made a deal... let me out, we'll play some poker - heads up - play best 2 out of 3. If the captain wins I would cooperate and let him hand me over to the mermaid bounty hunters... If I win, I go free. My bad - he had no idea I was a playa... Of course I won & true to his word, he let me jump overboard and swim home. It took nearly 24 hours to swim back to my computer to share my deep apologies for not holding the Trout games... and this fish tale [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
See you all at the Trout Games NEXT WED!!

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Sea
Old 07-05-2007, 02:48 PM

Default Re: OT: Humble Apologies to Trout players... here\'s my \'fish story\'...

Is this a cryptic way of telling us you got [edit:] lucky yesterday...? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 07-05-2007, 02:51 PM

Default Re: OT: Humble Apologies to Trout players... here\'s my \'fish story\'...

[ QUOTE ]
Is this a cryptic way of telling us you got nailed by a guy with crabs yesterday...? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus man...
Old 07-05-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is this a cryptic way of telling us you got nailed by a guy with crabs yesterday...? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus man...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I was joking and seasiren knows me but that does seem in poor taste... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-05-2007, 03:26 PM

I thought it was funny!

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

(and I don't even know seasiren...but ok I'm a huge bastard so it's cool)

Yugoslav
Old 07-05-2007, 03:50 PM

... and I know Jbrochu & I'm totally cool with his tastelessness - teehee [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-05-2007, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
... and I know Jbrochu & I'm totally cool with his tastelessness - teehee [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

And to think that I resisted the urge to "comment" on last week's = <font color="red">I'm going to go skinny-dipping </font> post [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 07-06-2007, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
... and I know Jbrochu &amp; I'm totally cool with his tastelessness - teehee [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

And to think that I resisted the urge to "comment" on last week's = <font color="red">I'm going to go skinny-dipping </font> post [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

SeaSiren + SFB == whale (tales, tails). Take that as many levels as you'd like. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]