Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 11:26 PM

Default Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Juice, squeeze, what? Am I trying to make orange juice or something? Although there is no standard definition to this phrase, it does carry deep meaning. It does not mean that the orange juice was really worth all that effort squeezing it. Well... it could, but that would be too specific. Instead, think about this; was the outcome worth the action put towards the final result? There are different squeezes for every situation, but make sure you have the right ingredients.

The fact that consequences, bad or good, happen after every action is irrelevant. The action and certain outcome that follows are more important because life is about choices and risks. Everyone makes choices and everyone has taken a risk, but not everyone thinks about what the end result will be. The risk factor plays a crucial role in the phrase. Robbing a bank is a stupid idea, but to some, a way of making a quick buck. Obviously if you're caught, you go to jail. Some people don't see it like that. They look at it as the possibility of getting away with a lump sum of cash. Desperate times call for desperate measures, right? Some people are willing to risk freedom for a couple thousand dollars. In my opinion, nothing is worth sacrificing the knowledge of being able to come home every night to a cozy bed, with or without money.

Juice is made every day by everyone in this world: choosing what kind of gas to put in the car, figuring out what to eat for lunch, deciding whether or not to come to class, maybe thinking about what cards to play at the poker table or should I pursue that girl could be a few of squeezes to think about.

The juice is the first thing one should think about when attempting to squeeze. Consequences and reactions are what should be on one's mind. A diploma is the direct result of staying in and graduating high school. Attendance is only part of the squeeze. Anyone can go to school and attend classes while others actually take in what's being taught. One only gets as much juice as they're willing to squeeze. If one is willing to go all the way with education (college, high school, etc.), the glass is going to end up full. If one half-asses the whole squeeze, then they end up with a bad taste in their mouth. They still have the experience while lacking the true meaning of what the goal is.

Defining this phrase takes a little more than a dictionary. The fact that it's not an actual word and wouldn't be in there makes the definition more opinionated more than fact. It's all in how one perceives the phrase.

Being able to make the best juice possible is a goal we all face, but it's also in how we make the juice that proves that it's worthwhile to make. Is it really worth going to school? It's always worth the effort, time and sacrifice.

As a result of the squeeze, the juice will taste that much sweeter. The fact is that the effort better be worth the end result and the final product should always be worth the squeeze.

Now just ask yourself, is the juice you've been squeezing really worth the squeeze? Only you know the answer to that my friend!
Old 07-05-2007, 11:32 PM

Default Re: Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Miss.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:46 AM

So what does "tough row to hoe" mean?
Old 07-06-2007, 10:32 AM

I think it would depend on whether she was my cousin.

HAHAHAHAHA First!
Old 07-06-2007, 03:15 PM