Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2007, 02:36 AM

Default Ask A Catholic (#2)

Not sure if there is any interest in this, but we'll see.
The other guy took a lot of heat, so hopefully I can do better. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm off to bed for the night, but I'll be back tomorrow.

Fire / Flame away.
Gogogo!
Old 06-30-2007, 02:38 AM

Default Re: Ask A Catholic (#2)

Why do you guys love salsa so much?

I mean, it's good and all, but nothing to go crazy over.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:40 AM

1)If God loves everybody equally (as stated numerous times in the bible) why are some given the opportunity to learn about him (growing up in Catholic environment) and others arent (growing up and never hearing a tiny bit about Catholic life, instead they only hear about lets say the Muslim religion) Is the practicing Muslim going to Hell because he worships other Gods, or is he going to Hell because God never sent him a message about the Catholic religion?

2) Lets say that Im a really good person, almost never lie, never kill, Im nice to everybody I meet, donate to a charity (lets say a Cancer Charity), do community service, but Don't believe in God despite being given numerous opportunities to do so. I die and turns out God is for real, do you think God would let me into heaven? Do YOU think I would deserve to go to heaven?

Thanks, asked these questions before, but like a new viewpoint.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1)If God loves everybody equally (as stated numerous times in the bible) why are some given the opportunity to learn about him (growing up in Catholic environment) and others arent (growing up and never hearing a tiny bit about Catholic life, instead they only hear about lets say the Muslim religion) Is the practicing Muslim going to Hell because he worships other Gods, or is he going to Hell because God never sent him a message about the Catholic religion?

2) Lets say that Im a really good person, almost never lie, never kill, Im nice to everybody I meet, donate to a charity (lets say a Cancer Charity), do community service, but Don't believe in God despite being given numerous opportunities to do so. I die and turns out God is for real, do you think God would let me into heaven? Do YOU think I would deserve to go to heaven?

Thanks, asked these questions before, but like a new viewpoint.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not a b*tchy, groin-poking question, but a legit one I think gets slighted over to the great discredit of christianity in general, not only catholicism.

At what level of "exposure" does not getting on board with Christ count as hell-bound? Too often, it seems to me, mere exposure to christian ideas seems damnation in itself, as if it were the poison directly leading to hell itself. Why is it that exposure to christianity equals damnation to those not christian? Or is God just some kind of retarded poison striking down everyone inflicted with knowledge of him? Does he intend his own name to be a curse?

Would damnation be avoidable if one just had a better salesman? Perhaps, I don't know, someone with a better haircut, a better singing voice, whatever, to preach the gospel? Isn't it more than a little ridiculous that a proselytizer being unconvincing is enough to damn the unconvinced?

If Christians truly believe in free will, how can people not be given credit by God for their freedom to believe things that seem sane and fair and true until convinced otherwise? Or are they just born damned? In which case, who did Christ die for?

And why does God so hate others he himself, through his own free will, has crafted to be ignorant of his nature and his will?

Where do you draw the line? How good must an argument be? Or is God just pretty much about the whole smiting thing, and hating and torturing others eternally, along tribal lines?
Old 06-30-2007, 02:55 AM

why
Old 06-30-2007, 03:00 AM

Why do you believe in God?

What would you have done at columbine? I.e gun pointed at you, and they ask you if you believe in God or not -- what would you have replied?

Is God black?
Old 06-30-2007, 03:08 AM

Blarg it's all about the smiting this and the smiting that ldo.
Old 06-30-2007, 03:09 AM

This doesnt apply to anyone in this thread as of yet but one thing i really hate is when atheists get all high and mighty on people who believe in God and instantly go into "let me show u how dumb u are by reciting things ive heard intelligent insightful people say."

Edited to add that im an atheist.
Old 06-30-2007, 03:10 AM

Why do priests molest children, yet preach the word of god?
Old 06-30-2007, 03:11 AM

why would popeye convert to atheism?