Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would you rather:
Live in a world where "The Flintstones" was considered the pinnacle of human culture, and half of all personal conversations concerned that show. 32 56.14%
Live in a world where a vitamin-infused version of Kix cereal was the only food available. 25 43.86%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-26-2007, 12:38 PM

Default Do You / Did You Watch Professional Wrestling?

I've never watched professional wrestling and honestly have never known a soul that does. Frankly, I've always pictured professional wrestling fans as the stereotype: mulleted, trailer dwelling, etc. I know some of you are going to find that offensive, but again, I've had zero other examples to go on. So, I developed a prejudice. That said, I read the Benoit thread and it's obvious that there are definitely intelligent, thinking people that are big fans of wrestling.

So, I'm curious about some of the demographics represented here.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:39 PM

Default Re: Do You / Did You Watch Professional Wrestling?

I like how no one in this poll can be 18.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:40 PM

To clarify, when I say zero "other" examples to go on, I mean "other than what are typically portrayed by the liberal elitist media". Just to save everybody the trouble of pointing that out.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like how no one in this poll can be 18.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gah! I'm usually so fastidious about that. Oh, well, [censored] off, 18-year olds, get off the computer and go get [censored] laid or something, you're not going to be 18 forever.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:42 PM

A year or two ago I used to be a very very big fan of pro wrestling. I loved the hard athletic stuff. Controlled violence made into art.

I still like pro wrestling, but I care about MMA much more.

I'm 19 btw.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:44 PM

I would still say that I'm a fan even though I haven't really watched more then 5 hours of either TNA or WWE since september of last year and I let my subrscription to the wrestling observer lapse. I normally go through phases of watching it for a few years and then off for some time and have been like this since the early 90s. I'm 27 and grew up in the midwest
Old 06-26-2007, 12:44 PM

Until I started playing poker I would watch about once every 2 weeks.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've never watched professional wrestling and honestly have never known a soul that does. Frankly, I've always pictured professional wrestling fans as the stereotype: mulleted, trailer dwelling, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
Heh, for the most part I think this but over time I've come across a couple pretty smart people who would talk at length and very excitedly about the upcoming or previous night's WWE show or whatever.

Yeah, that Benoit thread is a total shock. I would have never guessed that so many posters in this forum actively follow that sport, or show, or whatever it is considered.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:45 PM

Never been a fan, though my younger brother is a huge fan. I never got into it as I prefer real sports.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:46 PM

At this point, I'm somewhere between fan and not anymore. I don't watch regularly, but if it happens to be on and nothing else is, I watch. Maybe once every few months I catch a wrestling program.

I'm a 29 year old, college educated professional born and raised in a middle class Southern California family. It's just one of those things I started watching really young and enjoyed. I stopped watching for quite awhile around high school, but when I was in college, wrestling was peaking with the Monday Night Wars and it drew my interest back. It wasn't the kiddy show I grew up with. Then when it started to get lame again, it's turned into what it is to me now, an occassional disraction.

These days it's all about MMA for me...essentially the real life equivalent of pro wrestling.