Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 09:31 PM

Default Coaching warning PLEASE READ

okay i had a horrible expierience my first time trying to get coaching for STTs. This guy altered our deal into him expecting me to pay double of what we aggreed on. This person said that if im not going to pay him he would contact several people about how i didnt pay him( which i did pay him the amount we agreed on) and for the sake of my reputation a felt the need to post this and also to warn others about this guy. he sent me an IM saying that he would contact: "suzzer pawndering bones bluefeet chipchucker little john ryanghall ect and let them know what has transpired"
this guy sent me a pm on here and i honestly think that he is trying to scam people. He tryed to trick me into believing that i owed him more than double what we agreed to. Because of this i feel obligated to inform other people about this guy just for the sake of my reputation and to prevent it from happening again.
his 2+2 name is mariogs379, and i strongly urge you to decline any coaching opportunitys he offers. The whole experience was aweful and it ended up with an argument about how he was going to tell all the higher stakes STTers about how i didnt pay him, but this is rediculas and i didnt agree to it, he tryed to twist the deal into me paying him alot of money that i never agreed to so i apoligise if i posted this in the wrong place but please dont delete this because i think it needs to be read.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:06 PM

Default Re: Coaching warning PLEASE READ

You took coaching off a stranger from teh internet and didn't get a written agreement about what it would cost you?

I don't know what happened, don't know either of you, but I'd say you learnt a pretty valuable lesson right there.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:09 PM

definatly, pretty stupid of me i guess. Now that i think about it the guy also tryed to do a trade with me and tried to get me to send a very large amount of money first and after i said no he never mentioned it again.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:28 PM

Why would you take coaching from this guy anyways? He isn't a respected poster or a very strong higher stakes player(He plays 24s IIRC), and there are many people who would be happy to go over a few HHs for you for free. Check out the #STT chat on IRC and there are usually a couple guys in there who will look at hands for you.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
okay i had a horrible expierience my first time trying to get coaching for STTs. This guy altered our deal into him expecting me to pay double of what we aggreed on. This person said that if im not going to pay him he would contact several people about how i didnt pay him( which i did pay him the amount we agreed on) and for the sake of my reputation a felt the need to post this and also to warn others about this guy. he sent me an IM saying that he would contact: "suzzer pawndering bones bluefeet chipchucker little john ryanghall ect and let them know what has transpired"
this guy sent me a pm on here and i honestly think that he is trying to scam people. He tryed to trick me into believing that i owed him more than double what we agreed to. Because of this i feel obligated to inform other people about this guy just for the sake of my reputation and to prevent it from happening again.
his 2+2 name is mariogs379, and i strongly urge you to decline any coaching opportunitys he offers. The whole experience was aweful and it ended up with an argument about how he was going to tell all the higher stakes STTers about how i didnt pay him, but this is rediculas and i didnt agree to it, he tryed to twist the deal into me paying him alot of money that i never agreed to so i apoligise if i posted this in the wrong place but please dont delete this because i think it needs to be read.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I have no idea who Mariog2432 is and haven't had any contact with him.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I have no idea who Mariog2432 is and haven't had any contact with him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't be suprised if this is the case for everyone mentioned.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:43 PM

This guy PM'd me offering to coach me, and gave me a screename to sharkscope to check him out. I had played twice as many SNG's as he had!! (for about the same ROI). Sorry it worked out that way, but a lesson learned I guess. Coaches are great for people with a bunch of money and no SNG skills who want to dive into the 16s or 27s, but not for the up and comer who's playing the low levels like me and learning as you go.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:45 PM

i got the same pm from him...
Old 07-01-2007, 10:57 PM

Clarification:
I was encouraged by several friends of mine to go into coaching after I taught them sngs and brought them from the micros to where I am now. So I took their advice and emailed several lower stakes posters who seemed interested in learning and moving up. In retrospect this may have been a poor decision on my part, but I had a good experience with my friends and figured it would be similar on 2p2. Obviously this is not the case. On to my interaction with Shat4Brains: We agreed on a deal where I would coach him by sweating him, reviewing HHs, and any trouble hands (frequently five a day) and that when he reached 200 dollars in profit, he would pay me 80 of it. He made over 200 after a week or so of my coaching and when I brought up the 80 dollar payment, he said he had no idea what I was talking about but that he would ship it anyway...interesting. Five minutes later he told me he wasn't sending it. I realized that there was no way to get payment from him and told him that I would tell all posters I'm friends with not to interact with him after my encounter with him. So it seems ironic that he's warning all of you to avoid me. At any rate, I'm obviously no longer coaching after this experience. I had no malicious intent; 2p2 has been a great resource for me ever since I started taking poker seriously. If my actions have offended anyone here, I sincerely apologize. Again, I only meant to help. Obviously [censored] and I have two different stories here so it's his word against mine. Ultimately I don't want to dwell on this, I just want to respond to posts and get help with any hands I have trouble with.
-Mario
Old 07-01-2007, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Clarification:
I was encouraged by several friends of mine to go into coaching after I taught them sngs and brought them from the micros to where I am now. So I took their advice and emailed several lower stakes posters who seemed interested in learning and moving up. In retrospect this may have been a poor decision on my part, but I had a good experience with my friends and figured it would be similar on 2p2. Obviously this is not the case. On to my interaction with Shat4Brains: We agreed on a deal where I would coach him by sweating him, reviewing HHs, and any trouble hands (frequently five a day) and that when he reached 200 dollars in profit, he would pay me 80 of it. He made over 200 after a week or so of my coaching and when I brought up the 80 dollar payment, he said he had no idea what I was talking about but that he would ship it anyway...interesting. Five minutes later he told me he wasn't sending it. I realized that there was no way to get payment from him and told him that I would tell all posters I'm friends with not to interact with him after my encounter with him. So it seems ironic that he's warning all of you to avoid me. At any rate, I'm obviously no longer coaching after this experience. I had no malicious intent; 2p2 has been a great resource for me ever since I started taking poker seriously. If my actions have offended anyone here, I sincerely apologize. Again, I only meant to help. Obviously [censored] and I have two different stories here so it's his word against mine. Ultimately I don't want to dwell on this, I just want to respond to posts and get help with any hands I have trouble with.
-Mario

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like "he said, she said", props for manning up and posting, hopefully you guys can work it out fairly. LOL "Sh.a...t" gets censored, but if you owe the guy pay him, and Mario, if he's lived up to his end of the bargain leave him alone.
Closed Thread