Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2007, 05:00 AM

Default huge crapshoot - only live tourney in my town

Hello!
First if this post isnt right for this forum, i'll apologise in advance. Since i only read through the forums now i gotta question, even though its maybe a dumb one [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Well i got this one and only NL holdem tourney in my hometown in the only cardroom that provides 2 cash game tables and a daily rebuy nl tourney (well its funny i know)...I calculated that the cardroom makes about 2-3k min. daily with the rebuy crapshoot. All in all its a pretty ridiculous tournament and most (85%) of the players really are damn donks.
Ok...ill explain the tournament structure...please dont laugh [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
The tourney starts every day mon-fri at 7pm...u get 2k chips for a 3€ buy-in. The Prizepool is "guaranteed" (lololol) with 1100€ paid fix over the first 8 players, no matter how many entrants there are...well..damn ridiculous....ok...now to the rebuy/addon issue..and blind increase issue ...lololol....u can unlimited rebuy for 10€ each (buy in 3€...rebuy 10€..lol)...and...rebuys are not added to the prizepool which is 1100€..even if 100 players play and average rebuy is 3 times...still top 8 paid and 1100€ in the prizepool...ok...average number of players usually is about 50-60 players...and some of them rebuy between 5-10 times whith some special guests sometimes who rebuy 10 or more times....ok...the rebuy period lasts for 3 leves of 30 min each...starts at 50/100..level 2 is 100/250 and level 3 with 250/500...(thats already pretty damn crazy)....after the rebuy period u can addon...addon costs 15€ (lol) and u get 16k chips (wtf?) [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]....after the break the first level is 500/1k....and after the break blind levels increase every 8 min...(u can play about 1 orbit before blinds increase)..500/1k - 1k/2k - 2k/4k - 5k/10k - 7k/14k - 10k/20k - 20k/40k - 40k/80k - 80k/160k - etc etc...normally 160k 320k level isnt goin to be played...

So now my question is what do u think about this awesome crapshoot? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]...
I gotta say that when i started...on the second try with 3€ i got first place without a final table deal (400€)..normally the pot is split due to the blind factor and no one dares to play on [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]....i cashed about 4 in a row after my 1st place without a deal...After that i played a few were i made an addon and so i lost about 100-200 and won about ~850 overall in that tournament...
Ok from then on of course i played it pretty often even though i knew it was the biggest crapshoot in the world but, even though with the biggest donkeys in the world .
Well now i played it about 30 times or so always with just the 3€ buy in no rebuy no addon...I often stood up after a push in the early stages and had to go home [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] cause i didnt want to loose another aa against qj all in for 10 bucks...i bubbled a lot of them with hands like kk or so when the i have about 200k bb is 40k ..i push all in with like kk and bb calls any2...hitting 2 pair with 65 or something like that...also got 2 8 places without split cause i had to call one of these re.tards with chips goin all in on a gutshot in the first hand 8-handed...
( 8 place pays 30€ = 10x buy in without addon or rebuy)...

So now my question is if somebody of u could tell me if its even worse playing the tourney just with 3€ when there are so many rebuys and nearly everybody takes the addon...oh..i forgot...rebuy is 4k chips..after 3rd rebuy u get 5k and after 10 rebuys u get a free addon...looool
Does anybody of u think its worse playing it with 3€...
The funny thing is...u can also buy in after the break..for 25€ u get 21k chips...at blinds 500/1k and doubling every 8 minutes...
Whats more valuable? playing with 3€ and maybe goin home after a short visit or playing with 25€ and an average stack...with this ultra speed structure after the break?

Does anyone of u knows such a crapshoot as well?

thx in advance,
best regards
MrCaramba
Old 06-15-2007, 06:32 AM

Default Re: huge crapshoot - only live tourney in my town

lol
Old 06-15-2007, 08:28 AM

your post comes off with you sounding like you think you're alot better than everyone in the game even though you're apparently open shoving kk for 40x the bb
Old 06-15-2007, 08:31 AM

Wow.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:35 AM

tl;dr
Old 06-15-2007, 03:07 PM

OP - to be kind, the reason some are making fun of you and why you won't get any/many real answers is because your post is extremely difficult to read because of the structure and the rambling.

I actually did skim through it but I'm not going to go back and try to dissect what the actual structure of this thing is between all the LOL's and generally not making a lot of sense and having a lot of run-on sentences and stuff that...lol...can you believe this....is kind of hard to read...and is annoying to try to interpret...and I can't believe...LOL...you can't see that it's kind of hard to read...so I guess my question is... and you can believe me or not if you want to....LOL.... did you read what you wrote or do you even ...LOLyou know... participate much on message-boards...like... you know ...ever?!?!

I did determine that you start with 2k chips for 3 euros and each rebuy is 4k chips for 10 euros.
After 3rd rebuy you get 5k chips.
10th rebuy you get free addon.
otherwise addon is 15 euros for 16k chips.

I think that just original buy-in and trying to hang-on and then just take the add-on COULD be a viable strategy.

One aspect that you didn't address is what you mean by 'unlimited' rebuys. Is there no minimum number of chips to be allowed to rebuy?
So I can just sit-down and do a 10x rebuy even before the first hand if I wanted to?

Anyway, that's actually a serious attempt to look at the structure of your tournament but it's pretty tough to give any real answers while trying to interpret your post.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...and after the break blind levels increase every 8 min...(u can play about 1 orbit before blinds increase)..

[/ QUOTE ]

One orbit in 8 minutes? 8 minutes is about 3-4 hands at Foxwoods, especially after the first break.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...your post is extremely difficult to read because of the structure and the rambling...

[/ QUOTE ]

At least we can hit the backpage button...

I've played against people who talk like that at the table [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2007, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i have about 200k bb is 40k ..i push all in with like kk

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the only instance of pushing KK I could find, though I could easily be wrong, but that is only 5xBB.

Tournament sounds really bad, but it can only cost 3 Euro, so if you have fun and make it past the first blind level or so, it is probably a lower cost/hour than seeing a movie or some other entertainment plus even in a crapshoot, you win sometimes, so if you like playing, go for it, why not?
Old 06-16-2007, 06:13 AM

ok...sry for writing that like a complete re.tard [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
even though 200k with 40k bb is 5xbb and not 40xbb(???)...in this tourney id push kk with any amount of bbs cause people just like to call u with hands like 33+ and qtos+ [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] if u run into aces or they suckout...next day next try for 3€ [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

well thx for the answers,
ill try to write a little less retarded in the future i guess [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]