Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2007, 12:10 PM

Default 2+2 SNG Book Excerpt of Stealing/Restealing

Linky

I'm not crazy about a lot of what's written here, I don't agree with some of the examples, a lot of players will take issue with the author's argument that the strength of your hand is significantly important in choosing where to resteal (in fact a lot of his examples IMO are not resteals at all, just a value push over a raiser whose range you are way ahead of), furthermore the article never deals with the less than all-in resteal*, also the last bit pretty much reiterates the squeeze play in a less satisfying way than HoH, and theres no mention at all of putting players on stealing/calling ranges**.

* This, and indeed a few of my issues with this article, may be explained away by virtue of this being a book aimed at STT players.
** Also, we're talking about a very brief excerpt here, anything that seemed to be omitted may very well be mentioned elsewhere.

Nevertheless, I think it's a pretty good read even for MTT players. The concepts are mostly clear and there are some well laid out basics of restealing that are worth a look. Also I like the format/tone/compactness of a lot of it, and think similarly written stuff would make for great posts.