Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2007, 02:19 PM

Default Card Counting - Index Cover?

So I have been reading some more advanced card counting information which has made my head hurt somewhat. I have to keep reminding myself that if I just use Hi-Lo and find a good game and get my monies on the table in positive counts I will win dollarz. But in the defense of more complicated counts I saw a very interesting post written elsewhere and was hoping someone could shed some light on it. Essentially the gist was that most guys who watch counters know nothing. Even if they call in guys from upstairs who know how to spot counters they will typically only be familiar with hi-lo with the 18 basic indexes. Ergo if you start applying a more advanced count which will derive a bigger advantage from increase in playing efficiency and the indexes along with it, you will add an element of cover as someone who was expecting you to count with a more basic system will assume that you are now making errors and will leave you to your bit.

Thoughts?

Ignore and just hi-lo a green chip game for funsies when I feel like it instead?
Old 06-28-2007, 04:15 PM

Location: Trapped in an alley in Abilene, with all but four shells spent
Default Re: Card Counting - Index Cover?

Stick with hi-lo. All effective counting systems require you to put the money in the circle at the same times. Any observer will be able to tell that much bigger bets are being made when the player has the edge. It is possible that a particular index play with another system may make an observer take a second look, but there is none that will make him make him disregard what is really going on.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:57 PM

if you are playing green chip I dont think you need to worry about it. keep it simple, mistakes are going to cost you more than you can gain with more complex systems.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:31 PM

The standard response to questions like this is keep it simple because mistakes are costly, but I think there is value on some 2nd level and perhaps 3rd level counts. If you practice enough it is not that difficult. The only problem is trying to find correct index numbers. Also in games like double deck I think it's worth it for the increased P.E. Granted you must be very well practiced, but I've tried counts like Hi-Opt II and it's not hard at all.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if you are playing green chip I dont think you need to worry about it. keep it simple, mistakes are going to cost you more than you can gain with more complex systems.

[/ QUOTE ]

And if you have good cover or team play, they'll never notice you anyway. KISS, have 1-2 drinks, spill a Gin on yourself after an hour so you stink of alcohol, take drinks with you to 'the restroom' refill with H2O, etc.

15+ years and never caught.