Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2006, 11:39 PM

Default Wife problems

This will go back and forth, many misspelled words, and overall very bad grammer.

Ok where do I start?

My name is Robert and I met this girl. I slept with her the second night after I met her. She got pregnant. A month or so later when we found out I thought I loved her. I don't believe in abortion. She did. We fought for 2 months back and forth. She finally decided to have him, Nicholas.

Within 2 years we were divorced. But I was very close to Nick. We did everything together. We went to half the home NBA games. We drove 200 miles to half the Titans games. I drove him to Atlanta for his spring break when he was 7. I took him to Six Flags, a NHL game, NBA game, and a NASCAR race.

Then after dating for 5+ years I met a woman who was perfect for me.

She had 2 kids, one of which was an out of control 6 year old girl. She also had a 3 year old little boy.

Anyway we get along and decide to get married. My new wife was great. After a little time I could see she was a little immature but we all can be at times. She started to get a little jealous of my son and how close we were. I told her and she absolutly saw how close my son and I were.

To add, I make an average income and we had just built a new 3br 2ba house.

So then my wife decdides she wants to have another child. By this time we are still getting along good but have some small rough spots. I'd say no more than any other couple. Well when she gets pregnant we decide we need to build a bigger house.

Soooooooooo.... With both our incomes we figure out what we can afford. I'm in the buisness and trust me you always go over budget. But I was determined NOT to go over budget. So we went 20k over budget on our new 5br 3ba house.

Everything is great and little Sarah is born 8lb2oz. Beautiful little girl. thank you thank you very much

Well then my wife decides she wants to quit work. On the inside I'm about to explode because we just took on almost 2x the house note. On the outside I talk to her about it. I let her know that something is going to have to give because we don't make enough on my salary to afford it.

My wifes jealosy over my son gets bigger and bigger. My ex is also a very tough person to deal with. She's the stereotypical Brazillian. She's never been wrong in her life.

Our house goes up for sale because I tell my wife we're going broke. I mention this while she's putting out the new Halloween decorations. Anytime someone is scheduled to look at the house she gets in a pissy mood. She says she hopes noone buys it. I tell her to say hello to bankruptcy.

It gets to a boiling point Tuesday night. I was very sick and asked her if she'd take Nick to his soccer game. She said she'd be happy to....she actually appeared to mean it.

My ex calls me up from the game FURIOUS that my wife takes Nick to his soccer game. I'm thinking she's crazy. I think a step parent needs to build a positive relationship.

Anyway, so my wife gets mad that my ex got mad. She asked me if I went off on her. I told her I tried to tell her she was wrong (IMHO) but my ex hung up on me.

My wife asked why I didn't call her back and cuss her out. I told her I've argued with my ex a million times. There was one of 2 things that would happen if I called back. She would either answer and cuss me out or not answer the phone at all.

So yesterday my wife emails me and says "don't call me, I won't answer. I won't be home when you get home".

Well she knows one of my pet peeves is I hate to be hung up on or for her to not answer the phone when she's pissed.

So I call like 10x and no answer. So I said screw it. I'm going to go home and relax. About 2 hours after I get home she walks in and is acting like nothing happened. Well I was nice to all the kids. Played with em then went to bed w/o talking to my wife.

So today my wife emails me saying if I don't have the balls to go off on my wife then give her the email address so she can.

I knew NOTHING good could come out of it. There was nothing she could say to make my ex say she was wrong. Btu I was like screw it do whatever you want.

Well everytime one of those women emailed the other they forwarded the email to me. I got 27 emails from them today. Calls from each one of them. My ex says it will never be easy for me anymore. My current wife is furious because she couldn't talk sense into my ex.

So now I have more than a few problems. One of them is I'm very upset with my wife. Because now I know my ex is going to feed stuff into my sons head about how bad my wife is.

Another is the last email my wife sent me today.

It said "Robert I'm about ready to give up. I think there will be a time in the near future that you will have to choose between me and Nicholas".

I don't really know what advice to expect from anyone. I'm so frustrated that my wife went off on my ex. I mean trust me I don't mind arguing. If I thought there would have been anything good out of going off on my ex I would have.

I'm also frustrated that my wife can't seem to accept that sometimes you have to suck it up and just do the right thing.

I love my wife but I don't know what to do.

Oh, we're already seeing a counselor....

I will probably add more that I think is needed.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:47 PM

Default Re: Wife problems

You aren't likely to find answers on OOT for this situation.

Perhaps a priest? Or Rabbi?
Old 10-05-2006, 11:48 PM

go back in time and don't [censored] up your life by having kids and rushing into multiple marriages.

That's pretty [censored] up of your current wife to make you choose between your son and her. That's a pretty easy answer in my opinion. But then there's your kid with her, and that situation can get pretty hairy as your relationship with your current wife deteriorates. I don't know what you should do, but good luck with it all, and I hiope htings work out.

i really hope wife #2 i half your age, otherwise what is the point?
Old 10-05-2006, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It said "Robert I'm about ready to give up. I think there will be a time in the near future that you will have to choose between me and Nicholas".

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes my blood boil, [censored] that. Seriously.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:50 PM

Default Re: Wife problems *DELETED*

Post deleted by Ryan Beal
Old 10-05-2006, 11:54 PM

LOL @ discovering your wife is immature after getting married.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:55 PM

Got a good divorce lawyer?
Old 10-05-2006, 11:57 PM

Nick,
Both your wife and your ex-wife are complete bitches. Way to be a good father. Its a shame you had that second child because now you are forever bonded to the 2nd wife as well.

edit to add: I know this sounds stupid, it may be way off but maybe you need to be a bit more assertive with your wife.