Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2007, 04:08 AM

Default NLTRN re reising on the button

hi , id like to know what the range that u guys re reise on the button at early stages , against a agrro player .
Old 06-21-2007, 04:52 AM

Default Re: NLTRN re reising on the button

Like limp re-raise or just an open raise?
Old 06-21-2007, 04:57 AM

sorry , edit : re raise on BB .
Old 06-21-2007, 05:06 AM

Very complicated topic depends a lot on villain and stack sizes but heres a quick breakdown of how I will play at 50bb effective stacks. If villain is calling a wide range but giving your cbets decent respect Ill reraise AT+ KJ+ 88+ sometimes 77 strictly for value and abusing their tight play against my cbet, if they dont play as tightly against my cbets Ill tighten this range up a lot to AJ+ KQ and 88+.

I also like to mix in a lot of speculative hands like 76s and 22 to make big hands after the flop if they show some respect for my 3-bets and cbets because you create very profitable situations by 3-betting these hands. Hope this helps feel free to ask me any questions.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:16 AM

yeah lets say thats his opening a little more then 30% at 50bb effective stacks , still the same right ?

why i should not rereise every hand there is ahead of his range ? i dont know why but in my mind it looks like +ev
Old 06-21-2007, 06:05 AM

cwar, you talked some time ago that you sometimes reraise light and that you do that a certain percentage of time. Under what conditions you do that? Can you tell a little about that here?
Old 06-21-2007, 06:33 AM

"Don't make posts asking for general strategies for HU play. HU play, and poker in general, is a rich and complex game. There's no recipe that will instantly turn you into a winning player, no Reader's Digest summation that will lead you to be rolling in dough. Any posts that just blithely ask overly broad questions seeking instant answers don't do anyone any good and may be locked."~HU Forum Sticky

Not trying to be a jerk at all, I just think you will get much better responses if you post hand histories.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Don't make posts asking for general strategies for HU play. HU play, and poker in general, is a rich and complex game. There's no recipe that will instantly turn you into a winning player, no Reader's Digest summation that will lead you to be rolling in dough. Any posts that just blithely ask overly broad questions seeking instant answers don't do anyone any good and may be locked."~HU Forum Sticky

Not trying to be a jerk at all, I just think you will get much better responses if you post hand histories.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. HU is a psychological war and you can't really play it by the book and make profit as you can with full ring or even 6max cash games.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:14 AM

i am not looking for a " book " winning strategy as u guys are saying , i know that there isn't such a thing playing HU , i made this thread to get general responses about how the average player play , so obviously dont agree with you at some points , i know that i cant read something that will turn me into a HU winning player , im sure i cant get tips that will help me tho, since im been a winning player so far. anyway , if a mod feel like this thread is not appropriate then just lock it up .
btw , ty cwar , your post was really enlightening .
Old 06-21-2007, 07:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Very complicated topic depends a lot on villain and stack sizes but heres a quick breakdown of how I will play at 50bb effective stacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

cwar is giving you one specific example. all i'm saying is post hand histories. that's probably the best advice you will get in this thread imo.