Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2007, 11:22 AM

Default 4 tabling 2-4 Full ring

I heard making 1BB per hour or was it 1BB/100 hands is good for full ring. Does that mean if you make 4BB/hr which makes it 16 dollars per hour a good player at 4 tabling full ring 2/4 limit? What would be good for 4 tabling 2-4 limit shorthanded?
Old 06-20-2007, 01:48 PM

Default Re: 4 tabling 2-4 Full ring

1bb/100 is pretty good (depending on stakes /site) and most sites u can play 100 hands/hr so yes if ur 4 tabling u want to be making the equivalent of at least 4-8bb/ hr with rb and incentives at least. If ur not u probably should play less tables and/or study the game more or try different game selection.

six max they say u can make more exploiting bad players but alot of good players prefer six max as well now and the rake is higher so there are pros and cons, depends on ur strengths. six max is a tough transisition for many rocky beginners who cant handle the variance and constantly being put in marginal steal/ blind battle situations. It really does help ur fr game tho.

I remember a quote from Ed miller who said going from fr to six max then back to fr feels like u are know running (playing) with the weights taken off ur feet. Its good practice if nothing else.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:56 PM

You need to be an excellent player, absolutely nothing less to make any kind of profit at those games. You must know the opponents, betting patterns, agression levels, and how they perceive you and able to switch gears against them to stand a chance. It is harder than you and most people think. Live play is so much more lucrative but you need a bankroll.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I remember a quote from Ed miller who said going from fr to six max then back to fr feels like u are know running (playing) with the weights taken off ur feet. Its good practice if nothing else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, 6max helped me get good enough to beat 5/10 full even when I still couldn't win at 1/2 6max. All the players who are good shorthanded aren't playing fr so all you have to do is be less bad than them and steal a lot. My PFR in those games hovers around 13.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You need to be an excellent player, absolutely nothing less to make any kind of profit at those games. You must know the opponents, betting patterns, agression levels, and how they perceive you and able to switch gears against them to stand a chance. It is harder than you and most people think. Live play is so much more lucrative but you need a bankroll.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm.... live play requires a smaller BR for the same stakes. yes online games are far tougher than live but u dont need to be anywhere near expert to win at 2/4 fr (esp with bonus rb ect) if u table select well and play preflop correct ish and postflop competently.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Hell, yes. I'm so confident now at FR in all of these blind situations, and also making a lot more moves. I really feel I own all of the FR players in any of these situations. And I know I used to be uncomfortable in these spots, so I'm sure they are as well. Now I can take maximum advantage of that.