Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2007, 02:53 PM

Default ROI Question,

I play HU PLO8 sngs on Full tilt (30s)

From what i've read on this board, i'm under the impression that at this time, it is currently the hardest it will probably ever be to play sit n gos since the internet is filled with the more "serious" players, as opposed to the people like my dad or my friends who suck and play drunk just for fun.

this leads me to believe that i can expect my ROI to increase when things finally get better and the players come back online.

Does anyone else believe this?
how much should i expect my ROI to increase when this finally happens?

also if there is a thread about this or if it's been already discussed somewhere can someone post the link?

thanks!
Old 06-24-2007, 07:30 PM

Default Re: ROI Question,

I expect online poker to become ever tougher as time goes by. There might be some temporary dips in difficulty if e.g. UIGEA is repealed or there is a vast influx of Chinese gamblers, but the overall trend is going to be against you.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:08 AM

In general they'll get tougher. Winning lower stakes players eventually move up (to that level) and winning higher stakes players can sometimes move down (to that level) if they're on a bad run. I don't know the specific buy-ins for HU PLO/8 SnGs on FTP but I'd guess $30 is somewhere in the middle and you probably don't have a large pool of horrible players who say to themselves, "I want to play a $30 HU PLO/8 SnG". Compare that to say $100 NLHE where many players will have $110 left in their account and take a shot at a $109 SnG - I know I used to (and get crushed in the process lol).
Old 06-25-2007, 12:45 PM

You'd be surprised how many people have never played before.. usually it's a misclick, and they think they are playing holdem. They usually destroy me lol.

To OP, you are already on a heater what more do you want?
You have some serious flaws in your game when playing decent players, so I doubt your ROI is going to go up.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:20 PM

and to answer your question.. I think anything approaching a 10% roi is pretty damn good in a sng. Search the STT forum to see what kind of ROI's people have in 27 turbo sngs.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You'd be surprised how many people have never played before.. usually it's a misclick, and they think they are playing holdem. They usually destroy me lol.

To OP, you are already on a heater what more do you want?
You have some serious flaws in your game when playing decent players, so I doubt your ROI is going to go up.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the 3rd time you've commented on my play.

I asked who you were and posted a list of names of who i thought it was. And you didn't have the balls to answer.

it sounds like you have a problem with me, and if you were so good and one of the "top players" like you said before, you'd say your name.

And how exactly am i on a "heater"?

which is it?
1.)702poker (used to kill him, consistently donks out and outdraws me lately while talking trash)
2.)ron and muff (used to lose to him, now beat him 3 out of 4 times we play)
3.) lydon (same as ron and muff)
Old 06-25-2007, 11:33 PM

No, I have no problem with you.

I said heater because, I have you down quite a bit to me in pokertracker, Yet your sharkscope has virtually no deviation in it. Maybe what you do crushes the donks.. I dunno? And if you think you're going to have something like a 20% roi you're dreaming.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No, I have no problem with you.

I said heater because, I have you down quite a bit to me in pokertracker, Yet your sharkscope has virtually no deviation in it. Maybe what you do crushes the donks.. I dunno? And if you think you're going to have something like a 20% roi you're dreaming.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok. If you are up on me, then there is no reason not to say what your name is.

The only person i play "enough" that i'm down to is 702poker. and that is like 19-13, which is even a small sample. My last 15 or so games against this person consist of me not hitting my draws, that person hitting all their draws, and losing with 2nd nuts to the nuts consistently. It's scary how bad it goes. But it happens.

so either you are him, or I Beat You consistently and you don't understand my style and are clearly bitter about it.

Why don't you have the sack to say who you are?

I use my screen name on here, and you come off as a pansy when you don't say yours.

comon buddy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]