Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2007, 08:10 PM

Default I saw one of his Cards- 2/5 Live

This hand is in a 2/5 NL live game in LA. Villian and hero both are about 550 deep. Villian is LAG, I havent seen many of his cards to showdown, but he has been making PSB+ often with what I beleive to be weak holdings.

There are several limpers (5) including hero 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], and Villian in BB raises to 50.
**** When he looked at his cards I saw one black A.
1. Is this information enought to justify a call with position?
2. What hand do you put him on?

Well, I called, all left folded. Flop came Kd 5c 8d. Pot is 125. Villian bets 100.

3. Action? and on future streets?
Old 06-18-2007, 08:19 PM

Default Re: I saw one of his Cards- 2/5 Live

AJ+ or AA should be his range, ever seen him attack limper out of the blinds before? I would raise and obv call a shove, our FE is nice here.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:25 PM

I havent seen him attacking limpers a whole lot, most of his aggr. has been on the flop and later. And in this case I did put him on a quality hand (i saw the Ace). But I figured a low flop and I am in good shape if he has AJ+. Who hates calling pre? Should I have just folded?

I did believe that he would bet the flop hard whether hitting or not.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:31 PM

Youre on the button? If you saw his ace before the preflop decision i like the call. But i wouldnt feel fair doing it =/
Old 06-18-2007, 08:35 PM

No, I am MP, Besides Villian and one other player the rest are very passive, thus my limp with the 67, I expected an unraised flop. When he made the raise, I was very confident that no one else would call his raise once I did.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Youre on the button? If you saw his ace before the preflop decision i like the call. But i wouldnt feel fair doing it =/

[/ QUOTE ]
I saw his A, preflop right before his raise, and the fairness is probably worth another thread. It did make me feel a little uncomfortable seeing it, but I wasnt peering, he just didnt make any effort to cover his cards while looking.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:51 PM

Well then i dont like PF at all. I would say even with the button it would be kinda marginal. Without it, risking a multiway pot oop its not even nearly the same. I doubt you will be seeing the flop HU that much at all.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:59 PM

if u saw his ace, the preflop call is super easy, u can pretty much raise every flop that doesn't have an ace on it and make it a profitable play IMO. But here we have draw, i would either call here or push.

if we push, he is only going to call us with AK or AA, if he's laggish im sure its profitable. fold equity has to be huge and when we get called we have 30% equity on the pot.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if u saw his ace, the preflop call is super easy, u can pretty much raise every flop that doesn't have an ace on it and make it a profitable play IMO. But here we have draw, i would either call here or push.

if we push, he is only going to call us with AK or AA, if he's laggish im sure its profitable. fold equity has to be huge and when we get called we have 30% equity on the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking along these lines. I called the flop and the turn brought the T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I thought this was a good card since he may have likely put me on a flush draw. Plus if he had no [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] then I just picked up a lot more outs. I planned to shove this turn.
He bet the turn though, for 200, and I only had 450 left. This sucked since I no longer had enough FE here against AA or AK. But I shoved hoping he had AQ- or maybe would fold AA or AK with no [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], (I only saw an black A).
Old 06-19-2007, 07:19 PM

He called the turn Raise and he had AA with the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]