Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2007, 10:05 PM

Default Ranging my merge!

Villain is 22/10 and has fairly standard TAG stats. Probably a breakeven, straightforward player. I've been pretty aggressive but I don't remember getting in too many pots with him.

I didn't RR PF because of fish in BB and his low PFR. Flop good spot to steal, turn get some value, river is the question. I debated between c/f and betting 1/2 pot and fold to raise, although stacks are pretty awkward for that. [censored] FTP and it's 10 second clock was timing down though so I just F it and pushed, not sure how I feel. I would like this play more against a regular I think.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $2/$4 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

<font color="black">Hero (SB): $616.50</font>
BB: $186.00
UTG: $924.00
CO: $458.00
BTN: $671.25

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $14.00</font>, Hero calls $12.00, BB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($32) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $24.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $75.00</font>, BTN calls $51.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($182) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $125.00</font>, BTN calls $125.00

<font color="black">River:</font> ($432) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets all-in for $402.50</font>
Old 06-10-2007, 10:08 PM

Default Re: Ranging my merge!

preflop meh. flop meh, turn g00t, river g00t.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:13 PM

i like this turn and river
Old 06-10-2007, 10:13 PM

3-bet pre.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:26 PM

dont really like the turn/river against him (doesnt sound like a suspicious aggroTAG who will look u up with a T) and when all the gutters got there
Old 06-10-2007, 10:29 PM

Looks alright. You've covered preflop but it really should still be 3 bet. My only problem with the hand is probably a pretty large one: do we get called by a hand we beat?

On the other hand I think he checks a lot of stuff behind that we have beaten.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:40 PM

i kinda like this vs someone aggro you have some meta going on with, but relaly don't vs someone who doesn't fit that example.

i like it vs someone who thinks your range is air a lot since you didn't three bet pre, you can use the A to keep bluffing, and you wouldn't keep jamming with the A
Old 06-11-2007, 01:50 PM

Results: Called with AT and MHING

Anyone like a different play on turn or river?
Old 06-16-2007, 08:35 PM

I don't like the river shove and you see why if you think about what their turn call could mean. The Ace comes and you bet:

I think if villain was holding a marginal hand (maybe a one pair hand that isn't Aces) and they believe your turn bet (believe that you could have the Ace) they fold. If they hold a hand beaten by the Ace and they DON'T believe your turn bet, thinking that you are just bluffing on the Ace, then I think they likely reraise you to represent it themselves and push you off the hand. The last scenario of note is when they have the Ace beat, in which case I think they just call because you have been showing aggression all the way along and will likely pay them off on the river anyway. The lack of likely draws on the board only buttresses the likelihood that villain just calls your turn bet with a strong holding as protecting their big hand is not as important.

The turn call seems to indicate that you are behind with your top pair hand. They have been calling you all the way along and I don't see any reasonable draws that could be facilitating this which means they are likely to call your bet on the river as well with a hand obviously better than your one pair. In this case I would probably check the river to them.
Old 06-16-2007, 08:42 PM

this is not ranging your merge because villain is a fish and probably doesn't know anything about ranges. it's most often just a value bet.