Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 08:38 PM

Default Will the Spurs sweep? (possible wagering?)

So, the spurs have been my favorite team for awhile now, and while I feel they never had a chance of losing the series I feel they have no chance at all to win this game tonight.

I just saw the bumped ed8383 conspiracy thread and thought about how ridiculous most conspiracies are. However, the one I fully endorse is the NBA riggedness conspiracy. I'm sure everybody has heard most of it, extending a series for ad revenue, making a series more 'storybook' and dramatic, etc etc. It's not quite the WWF but damn close.

Thoughts? Wagers?
Old 06-14-2007, 08:41 PM

Default Re: Will the Spurs sweep? (possible wagering?)

[ QUOTE ]
So, the spurs have been my favorite team for awhile now, and while I feel they never had a chance of losing the series I feel they have no chance at all to win this game tonight.

I just saw the bumped ed8383 conspiracy thread and thought about how ridiculous most conspiracies are. However, the one I fully endorse is the NBA riggedness conspiracy. I'm sure everybody has heard most of it, extending a series for ad revenue, making a series more 'storybook' and dramatic, etc etc. It's not quite the WWF but damn close.

Thoughts? Wagers?

[/ QUOTE ]

My only concern with the riggedness of this particular series is that it is so uneven that the NBA might not even bother, with this years draft looming as a huge story once the playoffs are over. The best example of this is the non-call at the end of game 3 when it probably actually was a foul, but still went against the Cavs.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:44 PM

they will get swept because lebron james my friends, is certainly no dwayne wade.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:44 PM

Yes, yes they will.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thoughts? Wagers?

[/ QUOTE ]

My only concern with the riggedness of this particular series is that it is so uneven that the NBA might not even bother, with this years draft looming as a huge story once the playoffs are over. The best example of this is the non-call at the end of game 3 when it probably actually was a foul, but still went against the Cavs.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, the only counter argument to be made, and one i'm making myself, is that it's not rigged one way or the other, the referreeing is just so god awful atrocious both ways.

The easiest way (hypothetically) for a ref to rig a game would be to allow in the paint calls to go, allowing offensive rebounds, 2nd chance opportunities and putbacks etc. It makes an incredible impact on the game with nothing sensational ever happening.

But then I saw so many bad calls in favor of the spurs I started to chalk it up to referee ineptitude.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:48 PM

[censored], I thought I was watching the game at home but my homeboy just called and i'm going over there and should be leaving 1 minute ago.

Alas, no time to further discuss or make any bets, but hopefully I made a half decent thread. Whatev, go spurs, meh.

[ QUOTE ]
they will get swept because lebron james my friends, is certainly no dwayne wade.

[/ QUOTE ]

qft but prepare to be flamed

I'll give you action - Spurs win.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll give you action - Spurs win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wutchu want wutchu want? 10, 50, 100... See my above post though, i'm out the door like so 5 minutes ago but hopefully I can check the thread at my guy's place before the game really gets going.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:54 PM

50 on FT?