Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2007, 08:42 AM

Default QJs

$1/$2 Limit
Hero is UTG + 2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Pre flop
2 folds, hero calls, 1 fold, MP2 raises, 3 folds, SB calls, BB calls, hero calls

Flop comes 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB checks, BB checks, hero checks,MP2 bets, SB folds, BB calls, hero raises, MP2 calls, BB calls( all-in)

Turn comes T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
hero bets, MP2 calls

River comes 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
hero bets MP2 calls

According to PT MP2 is a TAP

preflop should probably be a fold, but i called since there were a few fish in the game who i hoped would limp in.
I check raised the flop since i knew MP2 would probably bet out, and i wanted to trap BB, and show strength.
Once MP3 called, i felt i probably had the best hand, so bet out on the turn, where i had some good outs. The river didnt change anything, so i bet out again

Comments on all streets pls. bad preflop call? too aggressive on the flop?
Old 06-12-2007, 08:48 AM

Default Re: QJs

I usually lead the flop because with 3 opponents you cant be sure that the PFR is going to fire.

Rest is fine.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:09 AM

I think your preflop play is problematic. A raise would have helped a lot clarifying the other players. Given that you have just called, I would be inclined to fold to the MP2 bet preflop.

Turn and River bet: Depending on the size of the bet, I would consider them more continuation bets than real value bets.

If your villain is really TAG, I would put him on AQ or QK, which would both dominate you.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think your preflop play is problematic. A raise would have helped a lot clarifying the other players. Given that you have just called, I would be inclined to fold to the MP2 bet preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

uhm... no...!! (hint: What are your chances of flopping a decent hand - what odds are you getting?)
Old 06-12-2007, 09:27 AM

other than your preflop open limp, this is one of the most standard hands I've seen in a while.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:28 AM

I play it the same.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Turn and River bet: Depending on the size of the bet, I would consider them more continuation bets than real value bets.

If your villain is really TAG, I would put him on AQ or QK, which would both dominate you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't raise a QJs here. Not folded to me in EP. Folded to me in LP, yah, ok.

Hero played the hand well, although I think you probably lost to a KQ. Would you have folded to a raise?
Old 06-12-2007, 09:31 AM

fret we are getting 10:1 on the flop, would you just call here? with 4 ppl on the flop, maybe we cant count MP2s bet as a c-bet, do we credit him with a hand just yet? I feel that maybe i am being too aggressive with hands like this, and over estimating the strength, but at the same time, if we have the best hand, we want money in there.

Whats the difference between a TAP and a TAG, do they play pretty much the same starting hands?
Old 06-12-2007, 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Would you have folded to a raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an important question.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

uhm... no...!! (hint: What are your chances of flopping a decent hand - what odds are you getting?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess your "no" is meant for my last sentence. That I think I understand given the numbers of players in the flop and just one call needed to see the flop.

Do you think my first line of a possible raise is also rubbish or would you consider that possible?