Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2007, 04:50 AM

Default .10 NL First hand at table w/QQ

First hand of the session i get dealt QQ in the BB
villain just took his time and called each bet. I figured he was chasing on the flop but got the feeling he was trapping on turn. I put him all in anyways since he only had 1.30 behind him. How do you play this and what do you put him on if anything? Did I bet properly?

Any and all comments are greatly appreciated.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($10)
UTG ($6.60)
MP ($5.80)
Button ($6.95)
SB ($4.40)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.5</font>, MP calls $0.40, SB folds.

Flop: ($1.10) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, MP calls $1.

Turn: ($3.10) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.5</font>, MP calls $2.50.

River: ($8.10) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.8</font>, MP calls $1.80 (All-In).

Final Pot: $11.70
Old 06-11-2007, 04:55 AM

Default Re: .10 NL First hand at table w/QQ

I don't see a problem with how this is played. Nice raise PF, standard pot (almost) bet, another bet on a possible scare card, and on the river there is no way you can fold this. Although I probably would have checked it and called an AI bet but I'm not sure if that's the correct play.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:06 AM

pretty standard, you played it well. if he happens to have a 7 or an ace that's tough luck but in my opinion you played the hand optimal.
another line that i sometimes take here is slightly overbet the flop (not much) and push the turn.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:11 AM

The big question for me is really, why he called preflop your 5x BB. That is a bit large. The issue for me is, if he is just a donk calling everything or not. I haven't seen a lot of players who would call here without any really good hand (such as AA,KK,AK,QQ maybe JJ, already AJ or AT would be a clear fold IMHO). I dont see someone calling with 55 or 77, so a set is unlike at the flop. Also no obvious flush or straight draw.

Dont get me wrong, I would have played similar to you. But just dont be surprise to get beaten by an A set or a pair of AA.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:22 AM

Well, after he flat called my turn bet I had a good idea he had me, but seeing as I couldnt fold for 1.30 on the river, I figured if he missed his draw he *might* fold on river (I have seen dumber things on here) But I was surprised when he showed me 77 for quads. Def. not putting him on that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thx for the responses guys, and how quick they were.

GL out there,
TNP
Old 06-11-2007, 05:27 AM

Yeah i agree that since it's the first hand you have no idea if he's any good at all.
But i also don't think that the 5xBB is of any influence here. The standard 10NL donk wont be hesitant to call 5xBB if he sees an ace in his hand.
That being said i dont think he has a strong ace here because if he caught his ace on the turn why wouldnt he just push for his remaining 1.8$ (and why wouldnt he raise preflop)(ofcourse this is once again pretty difficult to tell because it's only the first hand). I think a suited ace rag or any pocket pair below jj is likely here
Old 06-11-2007, 06:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, after he flat called my turn bet I had a good idea he had me, but seeing as I couldnt fold for 1.30 on the river, I figured if he missed his draw he *might* fold on river (I have seen dumber things on here) But I was surprised when he showed me 77 for quads. Def. not putting him on that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thx for the responses guys, and how quick they were.

GL out there,
TNP

[/ QUOTE ]

ack. 77 was also totally out of question for me.

Perhaps that fits to other comments that there are a lot of donk players around in NL10.

Regards
Tevac
Old 06-11-2007, 06:24 AM

Seems okay.