Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2007, 11:16 AM

Default Preflop from BB and river decision

This hand looks like an easy fold preflop but is it? It appears to me I need about 11:1 to call preflop (thinking I needed to hit at least 2pr, trips, or a 4 flush on the flop)and am only getting 7:1. But the table is playing pretty loose and I felt like I had implied odds in my favor. Your opinion.

River decision. Please don't just say fold pre-flop and go away because I need your opinion on the river as well.

Early raiser is tight and pretty aggressive 18/9/2.5 I have him for 145 hands. So we can be sure we are behind preflop.

CO villian is loose and passive after 75 hands he is 57/0/.88

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (5.20 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero ????

Obviously enough pot odds to draw for a flush if we think a flush will win it. Will a flush win here, against this villain, often enough to draw at these 6.2:1 pot odds?
Old 06-11-2007, 11:24 AM

Default Re: Preflop from BB and river decision

You need ~5:1 to hit something worthwile and you're getting those. Good call pf.
Given his vpip, .8 is aggro enough to bet any piece (including low PPs) here, esp. since the pfr'er checked.
I think you can fold the turn. The pot isn't big enough for you to find out whether he does this with A9o. I think some sort of pr -&gt; turned FH is likely and you're drawing to 3 outs.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:32 AM

I think preflop is a fold. I also think the turn is a fold.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:36 AM

I think it would be a pretty easy situation to fold in here. Like Freteloo said you are very likely drawing to 3 outs against a PP. In this situation it is just not profitable to draw to a flush IMO. If you hit it you must at least call a bet with it. And I feel like the CO would most likely bet a dry flop like that to protect a PP, a T, or the NFD, all of these hands have you crushed. So really on the river the Q high flush would only beat a bluff on that board.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This hand looks like an easy fold preflop but is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

yep.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:07 PM

Fold preflop and go away.

Oh, wait.

[ QUOTE ]
River decision. Please don't just say fold pre-flop and go away because I need your opinion on the river as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't see a river, and please God tell me you didn't, either.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:09 PM

I folded it. Thanks for the prayer though.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:16 PM

I think preflop is close, honestly. I lean fold since it's a UTG raiser, but 7:1 is enough to pique my interest at least. I'd seriously consider calling w/ almost any two suited cards that could also make a straight. One more caller and I call this, too.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:19 PM

right, i like suited connecty cards more than the next guy but q4s is super weak. probably that's because it's not connecty!
Old 06-11-2007, 12:21 PM

Well, of course suited and zero gaps is a no-brainer. I don't know how many people here would call w/ T6s, though, and I think they should.