Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2007, 12:21 PM

Default NL€100 - AJ goes in deep

Sry about the bad HH, there's no converter avaible for hands played on the B2B network.

Villain is loose. I have seen him coldcall hands like 9Qo and JQo. Postflop he also calls much, and if a player gives upp his aggression he seems to almost always bet.

Against players like this I never now wheter to CBet or not when I miss, the problem is that they call so much. Thoughts? I choosed to cbet and he called (as expected to be honest), and on the turn I hit my jack. Here I really don't now what route to take, but as I have seen him fire when people give up their aggression I choose to CRAI to pick up that bet atleast. Do you guys think I overplayed it? My hand is not that great, so I don't really know. Help plz.

Game # 586085636 - Texas Hold'em No Limit EUR 0.50/1 - Table "Montmell"

Players(max 6):
intro (EUR 114.70 in seat 1)
moshe a (EUR 85.62 in seat 2)
Zklansky (EUR 0.00 in seat 3)
Haggisen1 (EUR 100.00 in seat 4)
RudolfMule (EUR 215.45 in seat 5)
PRO_Juggs (EUR 106.02 in seat 6)

Dealer: RudolfMule
Small Blind: PRO_Juggs (0.50)
Big Blind: intro (1.00)

intro was dealt: J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] - A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

moshe a Call (1.00)
Haggisen1 Fold
RudolfMule Fold
PRO_Juggs Fold
intro Raise (3.00)
moshe a Call (3.00)

Flop 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] - 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] - 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

intro Bet (6.00)
moshe a Call (6.00)

Turn 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] - 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] - 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] - J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

intro Check
moshe a Bet (18.00)
intro All-In (104.70)
moshe a All-In (57.62)
Old 06-10-2007, 12:25 PM

Default Re: NL€100 - AJ goes in deep

Well, i guess your line is ok vs. this player, that, like you said, calls too much postflop and is generally bad.
Given this he might call with worse hands, which a decent player would not in this spot.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:48 PM

What's your line vs. a "decent" player? Checkcall (to induce from a float) and then donk a nonscarry river? Or would you go with a bet and fold to a raise?
Old 06-10-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's your line vs. a "decent" player? Checkcall (to induce from a float) and then donk a nonscarry river? Or would you go with a bet and fold to a raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the board is as dry as it gets, so i'd go with your first suggestion. Betting can also be good, if he's more of a station that wont fold his pp on such a board.