Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2007, 09:07 PM

Default December 21st, 2012

End of the world.

well, according to a bunch of "new agers", and other assorted loons apparently. It is the last day of the mayan calender, nostradamus names it as the day the comet will hit, others think it is when we will be enlightened, etc.

Has anyone heard of this, anyone read any books on the subject? Anyone want to clear things up a little?
Old 06-08-2007, 09:09 PM

Default Re: December 21st, 2012

I was thinking tomorrow.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:09 PM

* The 1995 book The Mayan Prophecies linked the Maya calendar with long-period sunspot cycles.
* The book 2012: Mayan Year of Destiny claims the Maya may have been instructed in their wisdom by discarnate entities from Orion and the Pleiades. Contact was maintained through shamanic rituals conducted in accordance with the movements of planets and stars.
* The 1997 book The Bible Code claims that, according to certain algorithms of the Bible code, a meteor, asteroid or comet will collide with the Earth.
* The book The Nostradamus Code speaks of a series of natural disasters caused by a comet (possibly as above) which will allow the third Antichrist to disperse his troops around the globe under the guise of aid in preparation for a possible nuclear war, although in the strictest sense it is unspecific as to nuclear war or some other natural or man caused destruction.
* The book The Orion Prophecy claims that the Earth's magnetic field will reverse.
* The 2005 book Beyond 2012: Catastrophe or Ecstasy by Geoff Stray reviews several theories, prophecies and predictions concerning 2012 and finds where authors have used faulty information or have bent the truth to fit their theories.
* The 2006 book 2012: The Return of Quetzalcoatl by Daniel Pinchbeck discusses theories of a possible global awakening to psychic connection by the year 2012, creating a noosphere.

Other prophecies and apocalyptic writings and hypotheses for this year include:

* Terence McKenna's mathematical novelty theory suggests a point of singularity in which a great number of things could happen, including "hyperspatial breakthrough", planetesimal impact, alien contact, historical metamorphosis, metamorphosis of natural law, solar explosion, quasar ignition at the galactic core, or nothing. [11]
* The Prophecy of the Popes, attributed to Saint Malachy, speculated that Pope Benedict XVI would reign during the beginning of the tribulation of which Jesus spoke, and sometime later a future pope described in the prophecy as "Peter the Roman", the last in this prophetic list, would appear, bringing as a result the destruction of the city of Rome and the Last Judgment.
* Many new age spiritualists and philosophers ("new-agers") believe humankind will enter an age of enlightenment in 2012. There are a range of varying, generally positive, beliefs shared by a subset of spiritualists from the mundane to exceptional — including a positive social shift and age of peace, mankind becoming psychic and connected by a collective, and/or an evolution of the human race into non-corporeal beings made of "spiritual" energy, or light energy, i.e. 'ascension'.
* Some alien-enthusiasts, along with some new-agers, believe 2012 to correspond approximately with the return of alien "watchers" or "caretakers" who might have helped the first human civilizations with developing their technology and may have been waiting for us to reach a higher level of technological and/or social advancement. Beliefs range from the extra-terrestrials having benevolent purposes — such as to help human society evolve — to malevolent purposes — such as enslavement of mankind and/or manipulation.[citation needed]
* The Nepalese ascetic Ram Bahadur Bomjon, the so-called "Buddha boy", reportedly told his followers that he would return around 2012.
* Some proponents of a peak oil catastrophe place major events in 2012. Richard C. Duncan's book The Peak of World Oil Production and the Road To The Olduvai Gorge claims that the Olduvai cliff will begin and permanent blackouts will occur worldwide. Several studies predict a peak in oil production in or around 2012

The Malachy prophecies are ecspecially interesting to me becuase of how spot on they have been. The current pope, benedict, malachy annointed "the glory of the olive", well the benedictines are known as the oliveites, and thier symbols is an olive branch.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:11 PM

I just talked to Jesus and he said he isn't planning to come back until 2020. Sounds like BS.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:13 PM

Has anyone NOT heard of this? Seriously, this isn't news Quids.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
End of the world.

well, according to a bunch of "new agers", and other assorted loons apparently. It is the last day of the mayan calender, nostradamus names it as the day the comet will hit, others think it is when we will be enlightened, etc.

Has anyone heard of this, anyone read any books on the subject? Anyone want to clear things up a little?

[/ QUOTE ]

The rumor is that the Mayan Calendar ends in 2012. However, its just the end of a 400 year period. There is another that starts the day after.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone NOT heard of this? Seriously, this isn't news Quids.

[/ QUOTE ]

really? I had no idea about this stuff. I know that most of this crap is reaching, and Im being generous there, but I find some of this stuff interesting.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:40 PM

This reminds me of that Chinese cult that arranged a live cable TV viewing for the return of Jesus and the end of the world, I'm going to go search wikipedia for it right now, but I hope someone can find it for me before that. Man that was hilarious.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:57 PM

people predicting the end of the world are 0-for thus far. i find it very hard to believe that a bunch of superstitious retards with calendars could even figure out when the next full moon is let alone the apocalypse.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:04 PM

Please ninja bump this in November 2012 to remind me the world will be ending because a bunch of kooky bimbos might want to get freaky when the end is nigh.

Also, I don't want to waste time Christmas shopping if we're all going to die.