Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2007, 09:03 PM

Default ESP!!!

Is it for real? cause sometimes I freak myself out by putting someone on a hand and it turns out they have that hand. Like the other day, someone was semi-bluffing with K 10 off. And I said "show them the king 10 off. and everyone at the table freaked out.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:44 PM

Default Re: ESP!!!

if by ESP you mean hand reading + hand range + poker intuition , then sure
Old 06-13-2007, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it for real? cause sometimes I freak myself out by putting someone on a hand and it turns out they have that hand. Like the other day, someone was semi-bluffing with K 10 off. And I said "show them the king 10 off. and everyone at the table freaked out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, sometimes it seems that way. However, I assure you, you are seeing, hearing and possibly smelling something which when combined with prior knowledge and logic is allowing you to narrow the holding down to the exact two cards.

I must note, however, that you didn't specify the exact holding, which if it was esp, you would have ... you didn't say K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

As to the table "freaking out", I seriously doubt it, even 3/6 players know some people can deduce hands and that it is a skill, not magic.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:21 AM

one time i was playing at a table when UTG raised. i called in the BB with 76s. the flop was 752. i checked, he bet again, and i called. the turn was a 3. i bet, he raised, i called. the river was another 2. i bet, he raised, i went all in, and he called. then i was like "damn you have aces don't you!?" and HE TURNED OVER ACES. later that day i checked into a paranormal clinic for government study. i'm typing from here now as we speak.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:41 PM

Check out Matt Damon in Rounders when he enters the room where the law professors are. He stays there two sec, after the hand has started, and even tho they're playing limit he deduces every single holding of all of 'em, and when is the last time they had sex with their wives.

THAT is cool. Also on ESPN, Norman Chad always knows everyone's hole cards. Plus a lot of [censored] about everyone's lives.

Last but not least, if you want to see an example where Negreanu predicts both turn AND river prefectly (rank+suit), you may wanna check this .

Odds: 1/45*1/44=0.05%. The kid has some serious skillz [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-13-2007, 11:02 PM

how about you put them on a range, pick 2 cards out of that range and sometimes are right. the narrower range the better chance your guess is right.