Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2007, 06:55 PM

Default QQ, 3-bet pot, facing river shove.

Villain is new, no reads yet.

Hero is TAG, although I've had some great hands in the past orbit, so I may appear more loose than I actually am.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($98.50)
UTG+1 ($50.15)
MP1 ($47.45)
MP2 ($89)
CO ($102.30)
Button ($115.30)
Hero ($193.10)
BB ($88)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to $3</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $11</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls $8.

Flop: ($23) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks.
<font color="blue"> I mix up check/calling and bet/calling here. Decide to check this time. </font>

Turn: ($23) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $14</font>, MP2 calls $14.
<font color="blue"> Ok, flop checked around, so I bet turn for value. </font>

River: ($51) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $27</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to $64 (all-in)</font>, Hero calls $37.
<font color="blue"> I bet for value again, looking for a call from a stubborn pair. I can't see folding to his push, because if he had me beat, he didn't bet the flop, and didn't raise the turn either. Not buying his crap. </font>

Final Pot: $179
Old 06-07-2007, 07:10 PM

Default Re: QQ, 3-bet pot, facing river shove.

Your reasoning seems like it makes sense to me. With no reads it's pretty hard to fold for $37 more. I bet the flop most of the time here though.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:16 PM

is there a reason your turn bet is so small? also, not really sure about the check on the turn. this is a reraised pot, so either you're killing him, or he's drawing to 6 or 2 outs. With QQ wouldn't you rather not let him draw to an A or K for cheap?

i think you're probably beat here. you only beat AK AQ, 99, and that's about it right?
Old 06-07-2007, 07:32 PM

yeah, there really isn't much you beat here. horrible bluff if thats what he's doing. I'd be really interested to know what he had.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:49 PM

i really dont see any value in checking the flop! neither do we want to slowplay an overpair on this kind of board (or pretty much any other board) nor do we get any more chips in the middle when our opponent opts to take a freecard...

id bet at least 1/2 PS probably a lot more to protect against FDs and for information....
when reraised(maybe even when just called) we're probably beat and can still get away from the hand

the wa this hand played out, he probably had a jack or an overpair in his hand. if he knows what he doing, hes aware of the hopelessness of a bluff on the river

one more thing about mixing up plays:
what might be the advantage of mixing it up here? your opponent wont remeber how you played the hand FOR SURE!! ESPECIALLY since your oppont is unknown and has absolutely no info on you! just take a standard and simple ABC approach and bet for value. no reason to get "stupid" here ;-p it aint on TV buddy, nobody can get a read on you anyway, except that your contibetting/valuebetting which aint really a read :-)
Old 06-07-2007, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is there a reason your turn bet is so small?

[/ QUOTE ]
I generally bet slightly smaller on paired boards. My turn bet here was still on the small side though, I'd agree with you.

[ QUOTE ]
also, not really sure about the check on the turn. this is a reraised pot, so either you're killing him, or he's drawing to 6 or 2 outs. With QQ wouldn't you rather not let him draw to an A or K for cheap?

[/ QUOTE ]
I assume you meant flop check. I check here sometimes to induce a bluff, and to get him to call me on later streets with lesser holdings.

[ QUOTE ]
i think you're probably beat here. you only beat AK AQ, 99, and that's about it right?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's a poor spot for him to bluff, but I can't really see what legitimate hand he'd play this way either. With the odds I'm getting I definitely think he's bluffing often enough for me to call.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:59 PM

Vs an unknown I prefer to cbet this flop. I don't mind the delayed cbet in general though.

As played you pretty much have to call the river, but I wouldn't expect to be ahead very often here.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
id bet at least 1/2 PS probably a lot more to protect against FDs and for information....

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure you didn't mean protect against FDs, you probably meant "charge FDs"
Old 06-07-2007, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
id bet at least 1/2 PS probably a lot more to protect against FDs and for information....when reraised(maybe even when just called) we're probably beat and can still get away from the hand

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL if I lead the flop it's not to fold to a raise here.

[ QUOTE ]
the wa this hand played out, he probably had a jack or an overpair in his hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
You really think he'd play AA/KK or a jack like that? Check behind flop, call turn, and shove river? Looks like BS to me.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:33 PM

Results:

Villain had AKo and MHIG.