Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2007, 05:20 PM

Default 50NL - JJ getting tough love.

Okay, here's one of the rather tougher hands I've seen recently. What do you guys think. Feel free to criticize any street.

Villain is 40/11/1 over a smallish sample (70 hands).
We haven't tangled all that much. I have flopped a straight vs him and doubled up several orbits ago and he berated me for being dumb and lucky. Not sure if he recalls that, though. I have not seen him 3bet very often.

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $50.17
BB: $44.68
<font color="black">Hero (UTG): $72.58</font>
CO: $76.52
BTN: $60.85

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt J J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $1.75, <font color="red">BB raises to $6.00</font>, Hero calls $4.00, SB calls $4.00

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($18) T K K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($18) K (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">BB bets $8.00</font>, Hero calls $8.00, SB folds

<font color="black">River:</font> ($34) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $16.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero ??</font>
Old 06-07-2007, 05:58 PM

Default Re: 50NL - JJ getting tough love.

id prolly just sigh and dump it. there r a decent number of hands he could have that have us crushed. Quads (slow playing flop and then makin small vbets to get paid off), AA, scared some one hit trips on the flop but when tha 3rd K hit he assumed "no way he has quads"), QQ, TT, AQ. basically almost all hands that he would 3 bet with preflop hit but the river. sure we have a boat but [censored]. it is a low ass boat given tha board texture and the 3 bet. i just dont see him doin this with much we r ahead of.

all in all this looks basically like a bluff catcher to me. we just dont beat much [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-07-2007, 05:58 PM

3bet pot so give him std {AK+, JJ... TT, AQs}

On turn we beat only AQ and on the river nothing - I weak sauce may even fold the turn -but defintely the river.

This looks like AA/KK/AK to me.

BTW IMHO Jacks and AK are two of the hardest hands to play.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:10 PM

Cool. I had exactly the same thoughts. Just wanted to make sure I'm not turning too weak. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
I put him mor or less on AJ+, TT+, and out of those I'm only beating AJ and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be dumb/ballsy enough to bet that on the river.

I just had a nagging feeling that it could've also been a lower pp, but as I said, the majority of his range is beating me.

No one taking offense with my flop check behind? I felt kinda dirty to not bet there, but thought it a WA/WB situation where I only really fear an A or Q coming off. Which unfortunately happened.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:16 PM

I think it's not a pretty flop, and I initially wanted you to bet, but yes, this is a WA/WB flop and he's only calling with hands that crush you. I think the flop check is correct.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:19 PM

Spot-on value bet, I fold this......... having said that I am crap at playing JJ
Old 06-07-2007, 08:00 PM

i dont see you really beating anything.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No one taking offense with my flop check behind? I felt kinda dirty to not bet there, but thought it a WA/WB situation where I only really fear an A or Q coming off. Which unfortunately happened.

[/ QUOTE ] i wouldnt HATE to bet the flop but blah. this is a pot where people love to c/r for numerous reasons. they could check tha K with the idea of c/r tha flop or even c/r because they think u r weak (with the idea that "he cant have a K there r 2 on the board") so im not a big fan of betting here because i think it makes the hand rough to play if people want to play frisky and i basically am lookin to get to showdown as cheap as possible at this time
Old 06-07-2007, 11:09 PM

the river is really close between fold and call IMO. Probably not much diff either way but its likely better to fold. I mean all you really beat is 88+ and he's probably not 3betting many underpairs less than that, especially if he doesn't reraise very often.

What I mean is, if his reraise range is any broady/pair 99+ (and it doesn't seem that wide) even if he was bluffing with 99 you wouldn't beat many of his other bluffs (like AQ or AJ or whatever).

If his range was wider then thats a diff. story.

edit: you beat AJ, w.e. I doubt he "bluffs" that on the river. Terrible players don't merge ranges or anything.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:39 AM

This is an easy fold, of his likely 3bet range, we're ahead of only TT and AJ (and he almost never plays AJ like this).