Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2007, 05:32 AM

Default STT strategy guide / FAQ?

I just know I'm being stupid asking this but where are the links to 2+2 member posts for STT strategy like we get in the SSNL forums etc? I've read the FAQ but can't see anything like that.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:59 AM

Default Re: STT strategy guide / FAQ?

65 views no answers - I take it it was a stupid question then?
Old 06-06-2007, 11:00 AM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...&PHPSESSID=
Old 06-06-2007, 11:02 AM

that link probably has good information in it.

also, in the FAQ there IS a section on ICM. you might not know it yet but ICM is STT strategy. so read that and learn the concepts because if youre about to start taking up sit and gos, its soon going to be your best friend.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:11 PM

Oh right. I did read the ICM section and understanding is a work in progress but I thought there must be a collection of thoughts, theories and posts etc like in the other forums.

Thanks to you both.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh right. I did read the ICM section and understanding is a work in progress but I thought there must be a collection of thoughts, theories and posts etc like in the other forums.

Thanks to you both.

[/ QUOTE ]

one more thing....im too lazy to compile them (though im sure somewhere they are), but on various sites such as cardplayer and pokerXfactor there are articles written generically about SNG play, and a book coming out soon (which we hope is good) about SNGs my Collin Moshman.

Finally, heres a link that MIGHT help you where z32fanatic, a proven high buy in SNGer, talks through a 110 sng in the 2p2 internet mag (bear in mind a lot of the play and application of concepts will change for the lower buy ins):

linky
Old 06-07-2007, 04:47 AM

Cheers mate

I played a few $3 SNGs at Party last night. What I noticed was that there seems to be 1 or 2 maniacs who gain lots of cheap early on and then tend to lose them all in the middle rounds, and about 3 or 4 rocks, some of whom always end up in the final 4. Because of the maniacs I found I couldn’t play my normal ring value game in the first level or two because I couldn’t narrow the field pre flop or CB on the flop – too many callers. So I had to play very tight on the agro tables and hope to limp in with connectors etc in late position on the loose/passive tables. This would result in maybe a few small losses and one largish win and saw me with enough chips to get through to the bubble. At that point the shorter stacks tighten up and I found making large bets would steal some usefully large blinds. Once into the money I did a quick M check as per HOH and found I was pretty much always in the red zone and according to that theory just went all in on decent hands.

Does that sound like the usual run of things?
Old 06-07-2007, 04:50 AM

Ignore HOH's M and color zones strategies - they are more applicable to MTTs than SNGs (like the majority of his book).