Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2007, 12:16 PM

Default NL 10 AQo OOP TPTK on the flop Toptwo on the Turn

Pre: Was my call in the first place bad ?
I'll be OOP and have no solid reads on villains.

Flop: Now I got toppair should I just lead out ? I was certain that he would bet out a lot here.

Turn: I missclicked, wanted to push him all in.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 9 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

<font color="black">Hero (SB): $9.05</font>
BB: $10.30
UTG: $9.40
UTG+1: $9.80
MP1: $3.35
MP2: $3.00
MP3: $8.30
CO: $10.55
BTN: $10.70

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (9 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">UTG+1 raises to $0.35</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.35, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.30, BB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($1.15) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG+1 bets $0.50</font>, MP2 calls $0.50, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, UTG+1 calls $1.50, <font color="red">MP2 raises all-in to $2.65</font>, Hero calls $0.65, UTG+1 calls $0.65

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($9.10) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players - 1 All-In)
<font color="red">Hero bets $4.00</font>, UTG+1 calls $4.00

<font color="black">River:</font> ($17.10) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players - 1 All-In)
<font color="red">Hero bets all-in for $2.05</font>, UTG+1 calls $2.05

Pot Size: $21.20 ($2 Rake)
Old 06-06-2007, 12:53 PM

Default Re: NL 10 AQo OOP TPTK on the flop Toptwo on the Turn

I don't usually call a EP raise with AQo from the small blind.

What's your plan if you lead out on the flop and get called or raised? I don't like the checkraise because your building a big pot with TP and too many people at this level are just going to call. I think this one I lead out and see what happens.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:47 PM

Default Re: NL 10 AQo OOP TPTK on the flop Toptwo on the Turn

I don't have any real problem with anything you did other than the mis-click on the turn where you should have been all-in.

If you're tight I guess you can fold PF, but I don't fold AQ to a single PF raise, even if it was from UTG unless I know the raiser is real tight preflop.

On the flop I guess you could really either lead out or check raise. As long as you don't over-use the check raise, it is good to use it sometimes to punish people who just CB every flop.

Because you are up against two opponents, I would probably use the c/r a little less often though since you run the danger of giving two people free cards instead of just one person.