Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2007, 04:26 PM

Default Out of line Preflop? Weak Postflop?

I've played with UTG 42 hands and he is seeing 88% of the Flops. He raises PF 2.4%
J9s is an open/raise hand for me UTG, so I figure I can raise UTG who is seeing 88% of the Flops, as J8s is in the top 24% of hands.
When he raises the Flop, I figure him for maybe a bigger kicker with a J, J8, or a semi-bluff with A8/A2 etc.
When he checks the Turn, he is either looking for a c/r or is afraid 1 of us have an 8. I bet to find that out.
When he calls the Turn and then cks the River, that was no help, I got to figure he has a J with a weak kicker, however, even seeing 88% of the Flops, there is a good chance his J has a better kicker, so I check. I mean, is he really going to call with A2? Maybe TT/99/77 would play that weak from the gate and would call my River bet.

PokerStars 1.00/2.00 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, BB calls.

Turn: (8.20 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

River: (10.20 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 10.20 BB
Old 06-05-2007, 04:34 PM

Default Re: Out of line Preflop? Weak Postflop?

this is only a raise pf if it is likely that you will buy the button.

the flop c/r shows a lot of strength from your opponent, but i still 3-bet to get out overcards in a pot that is now quite large.

as played i check the river. i don't think this is A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] more than it is a jack with a better kicker.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:00 PM

People with those stats are able to call with ace high (missed flush draw), also J2 is a possibility. I think I would bet here.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:43 AM

Need more info on the table for PF. Flop I would 3 bet. I'd value bet the river, he's basically playing every Jx hand PF, and he looks like the type to call with a Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].