Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2007, 11:44 AM

Default Toughest Stars Tourney

Curiuos if folks have opinions on the relative toughness of various stars tourneys. For example, it's not uncommon to see a number of fairly donkish players in the Million because of sattelites, etc. I sharkscoped a number of folks in the final two tables of the last $215 and many were straight up low-stakes donks. At the same time, I was playing in a pretty tough $109.

In my experience, I would say that the field in an avg $109 or even $50 is tougher on average than the $215. Also, deepstack tourneys get some good players, but much of the field is dead money because they don't adjust to non-push poker or aren't prepared for the long grind. Anyone have any thoughts on this? In particular, whats the softest vs hardest "high buyin" ($100-1k) tourney on stars?
Old 06-04-2007, 11:52 AM

Default Re: Toughest Stars Tourney

215r>>>109r>>50r>anything else
Old 06-04-2007, 11:55 AM

Well I bet the new 1k tuesday tourney is right up there, but yeah the rebuys are rough.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:31 PM

Well, with the important proviso that if you nit up in the rebuy period that can be very profitable. After the rebuys though, yeah, pretty tough compared to most online comps.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:36 PM

Others have correctly pointed out the hardest. Softest are teh Sunday 200's, the more sats the better (so the Mill easier than warmup easier than second chance). The nightly 150 is next, then the 100 deep stack, then the Saturday 300 and the evening 100. The deep stack is plenty soft, especially because even the "good" players don't know how to play with deep stacks, but it takes FOREVER and probably isnt' worth it hourly rate wise compared to other stuff you oculd be playing.