Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2007, 12:43 AM

Default AA UTG+1

3/6 live table

UTG seems very new to the game, but has an idea of starting hand requirements. He raises which he didn't do often so I figure AKs, KK, or QQ. I have AA and am next to act... which I realize is almost always a must raise, and I did, but here's what I want to know.

The two people to my left are playing VERY loose before the flop so a reraise won't get them out, but also, the initial raise will likely thin the rest of the field to the same extent my 3-bet would.

Here's my thought after the hand played out.

Had I just called his raise instead of raising, he would bet the flop giving me the opportunity to THEN raise and hopefully force off the crazies. Experience showed they were much more likely to fold instead of CC 2 bets, though they still did their fair share.

So, of course since I raised, UTG checked, so with my bet only being 3, their odds are now virtually unlimited which is why on the flop of Q97 rainbow, the second behind me called with this pocket 3's, which he hit a set with on the turn, and then proceeded to let me bet and just call 4th and 5th street.

Now I guess that result to the hand shouldn't influence this decision, but would what I described as a possibile course of action be considered too fancy of a play?
Old 06-08-2007, 12:56 AM

Default Re: AA UTG+1

Wouldn't say their odds are unlimited here(they don't know what odds are trust me). Probably too fancy. Just jam it as much as you can PF.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:56 AM

yep too fancy
bet and raise your good hands for value, and wait for the long run to get here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
dont worry about suckouts, guy hit a hopeless 2 outer, you want him in your game
Old 06-08-2007, 12:58 AM

fold preflop and avoid all this
Old 06-08-2007, 12:59 AM

Thanks guys, and don't worry about me, I don't mind the suckouts, I was just wondering what the most tactical play was at that point.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:34 AM

You have to raise pf, you have to bet postflop. I didn't get odds to chase his spare three, so you made sklansky bux (theoretical money), just don't spend it all in one place.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:49 AM

What if you flat call his raise, and he still doesnt lead the flop ? The crazies are playing on regardless of pot size.

Now had the flop come K or A high, he bets you raise, and the crazies.....(you say fold) experience says call, at least some of the time.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:11 AM

I didn't read the long paragraph but I'd rather have AA against two complete retards for 3bets than 4 half-retards for 2bets.