Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2006, 01:58 AM

Default Party Incompetency

Not sure if this is the right forum, but here it is:\

my friend who plays on pokerstars and partypoker under the account name "sheckwave," recently played in party poker's "poker million steps tournaments. the tournaments are a five step process where the winning of the fifth step wins a seat valued at 13,500 into the party poker million tournament. he played all steps starting from step one and made it to the final step. On the day that he made it to the final step, however, he learned that this was the last possible day to play in the step five tournament. This of course came as a surprise becuase there was no note in the lobby, nor any not before registering in the step tournaments that gave a specific deadline as to when the steps would be discontinued. He was unable to play in the step five tourney on that day, valued at 1900 dollars, so he called party poker. party poker told him that the 1900 dollars would be credited in cash in one weeks time. This was sunday the 12th. Over a week later on Monday the 13th the $1900 was still not credited, so he tried calling party poker. At the time the lines were busy, so the following emails were sent:

Hello,
About a week ago I had been playing the party poker million step tournaments, and I made it to step five. I had not realized that the tournaments were ending, however, and I was unable to play in the last step five tournament that registered. I called your 24 hour help line that day (last Sunday I believe) and spoke to someone and told them my situation. They reviewed the situation and told me that since I was not informed that the party poker million steps were being cut off, that they would refund the 1900 dollars in cash to my account. The man on the phone said that in one weeks time the 1900 would be credited to my account. It has now been over a week and the money has not yet shown up, so I was wondering when I am getting it credited to my account. I tried to call the help line again, but the lines were busy right now so I couldn't get through. Thank you.
Sheckwave

Dear Ian,

Thank you for contacting us.

We understand your concern and apologize for the inconvenience caused due to delay. The issue has
already been escalated to the appropriate department and the refund for the 'Cruise Step 5' amount
will be credited to your account in 3 weeks.

We would like to assure you that we are always doing our best to make sure that you do not face
any discomfort while playing at our tables.

We look forward to a long association with you and hope that you keep enjoying playing at our
tables.

We request your patience. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Arun
Poker Customer Care

Uh...I don't understand why the length of time went from one week to three weeks. Considering I was told I would be getting this money in one week I think it would only be fair that I get it in that length of time. It is extraordinarily inconvinient and I don't think is is fair at all. I don't understand why I was told one week and it has now been increased to three weeks. That doesn't seem right.

Dear Ian,

Thank you for contacting us.

We do understand your concern and apologize for the inconvenience this might have caused.

Please be assured that your money will be credited within 3 weeks of time.

We thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Swapna
Poker Customer Care

the next morning he called party poker again and got in the line with a support tehnician. he told of the situation and explained how the money, which he was told would be in account by sunday 19th, was still not there on monday the 20th. The techinican put him on hold and then came back on the line and said that "although they initially thought the money could be credited within a week, it will take another three weeks due to technical difficulties." My friend was naturally furious and said how unfair this is for party poker to lie to him like that and give him false information.
the support tecnician said nothing but "sorry for the inconvienice" and offered no other compensation.

anyone have any ideas besides wait 3 weeks and pray Party ships him the $$$ ?
Old 02-21-2006, 03:00 AM

Default Re: Party Incompetency

Party will pay him. I had a fourth step in the WSOP thing that I totally forgot about. I never contacted Party but about four months(!) later I got a "freeroll encashed" in my account for something like $500. They're very honest and there's nothing to be worried about.

I don't know why it takes so long. It's probably to discourage players from playing in tournament SNGs and then trying to take a cash prize instead. Your friend didn't enter the tournament to win cash and never relied on this money, nor did he deposit it himself so it's not like they're keeping his money or anything.