Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2007, 05:39 PM

Default UB MGR discrepancy. Anyone else???

I know UB switched to the contributed method for MGR contribution, however, there are two different listings of how that is calculated which may be relevant in what follows.

Also, I know they now charge US players a fee of 15% of their MGR to be deducted before getting rakeback. That is, the MGR listed on my affiliate's page for me is my MGR less 15%.

Even considering this, my total rake paid for the month is over $2700 yet my MGR listed on with my affiliate (TITN) is $2107.

I play mostly limit hold'em with about 1/3 of my hands on the month being HU.

I cleared less than $100 in bonus on the month and UB deducts 25% of bonus clearings from one's MGR.

Anyone else have any data they can share? Is there a program that can calculate my contributed MGR?

Thanks,
Bill

p.s. the two different contributed MGR calcs are from TITN and RTR. TITN claims generated revenue per hand = (total money contributed to pot)*(rake)/total pot) whereas RTR claims if you contribute even 1 cent to the pot your get an equal share of the total rake added to your MGR.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:22 AM

Default Re: UB MGR discrepancy. Anyone else???

it's avg. contributed (equal share)

as far as I know the bonus is deducted 100% now

and my RB is always more than I think it should be, so I never complain (I still honestly think this 15% US player deduction is BS as my affiliate never says anything about it). I've asked multiple times to have this confirmed by bigger affiliates on 2+2, but I don't think I've got a clear response yet.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:58 PM

Default Re: UB MGR discrepancy. Anyone else???

My affiliate is TITN and I've emailed them about this specifically multiple times and gotten answers.

They informed me that there is a 15% charge on MGR for US players. The TITN support guy I was in contact with even went so far as to say that UB wanted to make it 20% and they haggled with UB to try to get a set fee for particular actions (such as deposits/withdrawals) instead of a percentage and that wtih this haggle UB lowered to 15% instead of 20%.

TITN still has the bonus deduction as 25% on their webpage.

Regarding the rake contribution, when I asked TITN support about the two different advertised ways of UB MGR calculation they claimed that both methods were correct in the following sense:

The first month they switched to the contributed method they were on the 'equal share for all contribitors to the pot' method and that following that first month they've switched to the same method that ABSOLUTE uses for which your percent contribution to the pot determines your percent of the rake counted toward your MGR.

I remember reading some threads a while back right after the switch and players were reporting that their recorded MGR was still higher than what they had paid in rake but not as much higher as it used to be when the dealt method of contribution was used. This is why I'm a bit confused that my MGR is considerably lower than what I paid in rake even after deducting 15% fees.

Thanks for your response,
Bill