Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2007, 05:09 PM

Default 22 huhu oop LIMCASH

villain is pretty bad. quite passive on the flop, more aggro on the turn and river.

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
2 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (2 players) yourface is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">yourface raises</font>, SB calls.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">yourface bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">yourface bets</font>, SB calls.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5BB, 2 players)
yourface checks, <font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, yourface folds.
Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to SB.

Results:
Final pot: 5BB

edit: pot size
Old 06-01-2007, 05:11 PM

Default Re: 22 huhu oop

I like how you played this.

how about a preflop limp though?
Old 06-01-2007, 05:19 PM

blehhhhh i hate the pf raise. You are bloating the pot OOP and setting yourself up to get valuebet to death, especially since this guy sounds like the type to raise speculative hands on the turn and you will be putting in multiple bets with basically Ahi.

I usually just limp and then donk and check a lot. folding to all raises basically. depends on how he plays in limped pots before. very read dep.

Your postflop isn't that bad. It is perfect given you raised pf.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:20 PM

danza what is your PP cutoff for raising here preflop?
Old 06-02-2007, 01:45 AM

Default Re: 22 huhu oop LIMCASH

I think this is fine. I like raising pf mostly. Tends to buy us some more fold equity. Although obviously it depends on the nature of the villain.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:53 AM

I know you said he was passive on the flop, however I still think he bet's the flop IP a ton. The correct line often is to check call the flop, donk turn. This is the max fold equity line IMO.

On the river if he is bluffing 1 in 6 it's even money, most HU players I have played are bluff the river that much. So check to induce bluff if he will bet as a bluff 1 in 6 or check behind hands that beat you. I like a bet fold on the river based on the earlier streets. Since he didn't raise the turn and he is aggressive i don't think he has much of a hand. A hand that we have some value in betting. But his tenaciousness was never mentioned, so i could change my line on that alot.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:50 AM

fold equity implies that he is folding a batter hand. this will never never never happen here.

the board is pretty ragged and the only real draws (low straight draws) improved on the river. I doubt I am good enough of the time to c/c the river here.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:20 PM

i think it's a bad plan to build up a big pot with showdown value and then check/fold the river to a player who is notably aggressive on the big bet streets (when they also didn't raise the turn).

i'd rather check/call down after the turn because we could be getting raised with anything and the K is a bluffable card that villain will likely bite.

if villain is "aggressive" as you said, i think you'll be good, here 1 time out of 6* don't you?

bbbushu

*is the reason you won't take the "aggressive on turn and river" read seriously because, as the mistaken pot-size would indicate, you manufactured/modified the hand? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-02-2007, 04:44 PM

as much of a monkey as I am I actually folded here. dunno why the pot size is screwy,

he's not REALLY aggressive on the turn+river, just moreso than on the flop. like he's not raising less than KX on this turn. maybe a J with a good kicker but maybe not on this turn card.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:57 PM

i think the pot-size is messed up because of the pre-flop action (initially, i think you checked).

needing Kx to raise the turn isn't that aggressive to me, at all, if anything it's pretty passive. with your read, i guess your action is good if he'll never bluff the river but it needs to be almost never to fold after all of this raising or it's a self-destructive line, IMO.