Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2007, 11:23 PM

Default Mr. Sicko strikes again: Michael Moore Has a Boner for Cuba

Self-promoting, self-gloating, and propagandist master Mr. Moore has again thrust himself into the spotlight of media hype with his new film Sicko, [another link here Sicko at Cannes, note how some goons are already salivating over this movie], ostensibly a documentary about the failure of the American Health Care System. The film title is probably more a statement about Mr. Moore than anything else. This dimwitted, fat-faced maggot has flair for stirring up the masses and getting credulous do-gooders and other self-pimping world savers all worked into a boiling froth. Something they all deserve by the way.

Mr. Moore’s sleazy use of 9/11 rescue workers and his shuffle off to Buffalo schtick of visiting the island paradise of Cuba to seek health care for same is a neat trick. He lambastes America, the Evil Empire, while soothing the cockles of every leftist’s heart with the old canard of Cuba’s miraculous health care system. The sycophants and other lickspittle morons that follow every fart and fallacy uttered or promoted by self-serving idiots like Mr. Moore will no doubt lap up this leftist spew like a root beer float on a hot summer day.

Enjoy.

-Zeno
Old 05-28-2007, 11:28 PM

Default Re: Mr. Sicko strikes again: Michael Moore Has a Boner for Cuba

Don't hold back, tell us what you really think.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:30 PM

Thanks for reminding me about this movie. I had forgotten about it. Can't wait to see it. I'll probably send Michael Moore an additional $100 in the mail too, depends how well I run that day.

Enjoy.

-Dan.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:31 PM

Not that I don't enjoy you're writing ability (I do, no sarcasm) your post offers no real counter to anything in MM's newest documentary.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not that I don't enjoy you're writing ability (I do, no sarcasm) your post offers no real counter to anything in MM's newest documentary.

[/ QUOTE ]
and has factual inaccuracies.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have not seen MM's newest documentary so can't offer any critique. A few reviews have hit the electronic waves but not realistic hard data. The movie has not even been shown in the US yet, at least not anywhere where I can see it, lowly plebian that I am. But if the past is any indication of the future Mr. Moore will not disappoint in the entertainment category, even if lax in science, statistical facts, or deliberately misrepresentative in the factual column.

Time, as always, will tell. There are however a few things that are ease to predict. I touched on a few, others can fly their own banners at will.

-Zeno
Old 05-28-2007, 11:43 PM

From what I heard, this wasn't as bad as most of his other crap. But its hard to do otherwise.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:47 PM

Just the fact that he took it to Cuba, where he was guaranteed first class treatment and to have available the best of their medical system, instead of to a more comparable country with a different medical delivery system tells you that this is another mockumentary
Old 05-28-2007, 11:56 PM

Isn't Cuba known for their good doctors?
Old 05-29-2007, 12:48 AM

Default Moore at Lehigh

The only time I've been close to Moore was when he came to speak at Lehigh. There was a college republican table outside the auditorium he was speaking at offering literature. The luny leftists that came to see Moore ended up destroying their table and literature and violently attacking the college republicans. I wasn't there so I can't tell you the whole story, but as I understand Moore really got them riled up right before it happened.